Daytrading the SPY or QQQ...?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DayTraderNYC, May 4, 2002.

1. limbo

limbo

I'm glad you're getting your yuks.

#11     May 4, 2002
  2. try to keep a daily record of where the indicators

such as $TICK , SOX , Dow Jones are when the SPY and QQQ

make their daily ranges

Also note how often prices seem to gravitate to the big #'s

00 , 25 , 50 , 75 100 etc intraday

also consider how the $dollar , Bonds , Gold , Oil is doing intraday

also note the overnight ranges in the futures SP +ND

also try to come up with a projected
    daily range and perhaps scale in and out of those parameters

also note if one of the above is strong or weak relative to the other one intraday

hope this helps a little bit

good luck ... its not easy

#12     May 4, 2002
  3. DayTraderNYC,

If your having trouble making a profit in the QQQ...why don't you tell all here your trading methodology and ask for tips on improving what your already doing.

Your question sounds like your looking to abandon what your already doing and pick up something new.

Simply, spend more time examining what your already applying and get help on improving it.

Your question the way it stands will bring out the jokes or non-serious replies (as you already have notice) and soon there]ll be offers or suggestions for you to try a service.

Also, if you say you don't really have a trading methodology...than you shouldn't be trading.

Good night all.

Nihaba Ashi

#13     May 4, 2002
  4. I seem to have offended Limbo whom I respect so I must be doing something wrong. Nobody can make more mistakes or do anything dumber than I have done in my quest to learn to trade.

#14     May 4, 2002
  5. gary

gary

Yes I have found a way to trade the QQQ for a + $ or two. Anyone have a longer + stint 12/13 might be my best.

#15     May 4, 2002
  6. limbo

limbo

Easy-again-thanks for your sensitivity here--and bigger thanks for your respect. You're a good man--all is well--limbo

#16     May 5, 2002
  7. limbo

limbo

No gary you're the best--do u want to give us a hint--a view into your process--otherwise--why the f--k post--this is pure self-aggrandizement.

#17     May 5, 2002
  8. stevet

stevet

i definetly get that the point of these forums is to help each other out - but i think anyone who just asks "how do i make money from trading xyz?" - needs to be told that there is no way that anyone is going to answer that question, or even be able to on a forum

they may get "help" from someone who is a theoretical trader - but asking what sounds like such a naive question is just not going to elicit a valuable reply

but learning something about trading and targeting a specific point and then asking questions - will more than likely get some very valuable replies

there is no one way to trade - no one style - and everyone has different profit objectives - so there is no one aswer - but if u keep trying and keep learning - if you have trading skill - you will develop and make money with your own style

#18     May 5, 2002
  9. Pabst

Pabst

What I think is neat about Index trading is that one merely(ha!) need figure out the psychology of the general list. i.e. Is the market fixated on oil prices or earnings ect. Also by their very nature indices IMO are a better technical trade. They have less volatility then any single component, and best of all if I'm bullish the market, I don't have to worry that the biggest long I have, will be that 1 in 4 issue that closes lower on a big up day because of some asinine downgrade that should have come 2 years ago.

#19     May 5, 2002
  10. limbo

limbo

Am I missing something here? Has DTNYC done something out of the ordinary? In one way or another we're all(many)are asking "how to". Seth has provided his procedures-perfect response--plus he adds "hope this helps-good luck". Nihaba does well by saying "tell us what you're doing now" so we can help. Tampa provides nothing. Fohat tries to help suggusting another-better- method-NQ/ES.. Stevet I dont think DTNYC has asked a naive Q at all. The answer is nobody wants to give their "marvelous" methods away-fearing devulging will ruin it. It's a joke-a goof-like it's gonna matter--especially on a 50-100k vol. stox/index-whatever. Look up gnp in the archives and see how Praetorian2 has outlined a system he has found to work for all of us to see. The real folks who have found methods are proud to put them out there to help-for all to see-- not afraid because they know the masses will not be able to execute properly anyway.

#20     May 5, 2002