Daytrading. The illusion of a TREND

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by alex.samant, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Actually time can be manipulated with speed relative to position

#101     Dec 21, 2007
  2. Totally agree. I've been seeking Clear Ideas on ET for many years.

#102     Dec 21, 2007
  3. Let me tell ya, there is NO right or wrong answer, just one man's prespective of the markets! :)

#103     Dec 21, 2007
  4. I asked you some questions that are very relevant. But as you don't answer them the answer is very clear.
    The way you post clearly shows how professional you are. You make statements and want to impose them on others. Everything that you disagree with is qualified as nonsense or not on topic. Ever thought about going in politics?

Closing this thread will be no loss, especially because almost on a weekly base this topic is opened again in yet another thread.
    But till ow there has never been any spectacular discoveries about trading.

#104     Dec 21, 2007
  5. cd23

cd23

Alex commented on the use of trend tools and what they are and the use of a tools set that does not emphasize trending.

I read the other posts in the thread as well.

Personally, I try to give everything possible a consideration and then just use the minimum necessary to know what is going on at each and every moment.

Briefly speaking, there are some things which must be considered at all times:

Making money occurs most all the time. There are only brief moments when action oriented decisions have to be made.

I deem the money making periods that dominate most all of the time as the most important. Therefore I deem the tools associated with this as most important. These are my "continue" tools that tell me I am continuing to make money.

Once in a while, they stop indicating that money is being made. At this moment in time I switch from one tools set to another.

I do not use the same tools all of the time.

To be sure, the time of using the tools sets overlap just as trends overlap in two ways: 1. on a given fractal and 2. among a set of fractals.

My continue tools are trending tools. When trends overlap is when I switch from 9one set of trend answers to the next set of trend answers. During this overlap I hone in on the situation with my second set of tools, the "change" tools. I use change tools exclusively for leading me to take actions on my trading platform. Thus I make it a point to use the right tool set at the right times.

Since I see the overlapping of trends in two ways, I simply see what others cal chop as a statement that they, unfotunately, are on the wrong viewing fractal. This is not a put down of them. I am just noting that they are chosing to do what they do. I chose differently; I chose to go to a faster fractal and see the trends on that fractal. I use the same two tools sets: continue and change sets.

So I make money on this faster fractal using the same tools. When I notice that the money making is ending, I switch to my tools set for "change". During these moments of trend overlap on this single faster fractal, I use my change tools to take actions on my execution platform. Then I resume using my continue tools.

So as you are noticing, I have a monitor that depicts continue and change; it is binary and named for what it does: MODE. MODE tells me what tools set to use.

I was never able to find one tools set that worked all the time. It looks like continue tools are working all the time because of overlap of trends, BUT it is important to note that the change tools set steps into the picture when considering change is important.

As you see with the MODE monitor, it is binary. I fouind that all tools, to be extremely useful and decisive, have to be binary as well.

The chop tool is an interesting tool. It has two conditions: right and wrong. If the meter is reading wrong you are seeing chop and you are on the wrong fractal. Change the meter to read right by getting on the correct fractal. No one is going to do this because you know too much. you have rules that work on your strategy and that took a long time to get to. If there were ever going to be something that replaced back testing it would be the chop meter. If you can switch fractals and your tools work equally well, then you have the correct tool sets (at least two, as I see it).

Final brief comment. there are no tools sets that contain just one tool. you must learn to use tools simultaneously since their is no universal tool by the very nature of the markets. Broken tools are ones to throw away; they will not start to work again sometime in the future. Don't keep soveniers.

#105     Dec 21, 2007
  6. as,
    Good heavens man.
    Either stop the threats or pull the trigger on this thread.
    Walk the talk for your own sake.

regards
    f9

#106     Dec 24, 2007
  7. Precisely

#107     Dec 24, 2007
  8. tigerllc

tigerllc

I trade Forex with 1 min charts comfirmed by 60/10/5 min trends..or momentum. There are many mini trends within a day, even in an hour that one can profit handsomely. Does anyone trade short term interday?? What method or program do you use??
    Thanks,

#108     Dec 25, 2007