Daytrading Styles

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LelandC, Nov 27, 2001.

1. LelandC

LelandC

Just thought it might be interesting to discuss some different daytrading styles?

It seems that a few folks here daytrade sectors (ie the drug stocks are rallying so lets buy the laggards, etc). Just wondering what other daytrading styles successful daytraders use?

I know quite a few people who only focus on a handful of stocks and trade those same stocks each and every day. Some people trade news, some people trade one stock each day.

Any thoughts?

2. white

white

I just started trading the semiconductor sector. From what I have seen AMAT and NVLS are a couple of the leaders and MXIM and LLTC are second tier. Every once in awhile the leader will move and there is a delay with the second string which provides a opportunity. From what I see the SOX is a lagging indicator and not much help. Anyone else trade this sector?

3. LelandC

LelandC

I used to trade the semi's but this was a couple of years ago. I have a friend that still trades the semi's. All of the ones you mentioned. I used to trade LLTC and MXIM a lot. Now I focus on listed stocks....

4. white

white

LelandC,

Why did you stop?

5. LelandC

LelandC

Just got sick of trading nasdaq I guess (LOL). Thougt I would try something new...

6. I buy stuff that's down a lot, and hope it bounces a bit. I basically buy bottoms, and have gotten pretty good at it lately.

7. praetorian2

Do you use a realtime scanner? If so, which one? Esignal
    has a scanner that has a strategy on it that sounds like
    the style you are doing. But the trader only goes for stocks
    under $3.00 and even some penny stocks.

The trader pryamids down hopefully into the bottom.