Daytrading software for Macs?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ericg27, Jun 21, 2007.

1. stevenao

stevenao

Ever since they went public, they have been putting a lot of new features out. The rate is too fast. They should test it more 1st. I am sticking with Build 878 to be safe. I find 879 is not stable enough.

#41     Dec 6, 2007
  2. nravo

nravo

I agree. Ever since they went public the bugs and bad tech support have gone from bad to worse. I used to recommend them to new traders all the time, but I don't think I can honestly do that now.

#42     Dec 6, 2007
  3. yharmon

yharmon

OPW,
    Are you able to make Quotetracker bigger than what you showed in the attachment?

I installed Crossover, but I am not able to expand Qutoetracker to show more rows.

Thank you.

#43     Dec 9, 2007
  4. dre

dre

Found the thread, reading and learning.
    I am just getting started trading. I have a macbook and plan on buying a cinema display.
    Can you more experienced individuals offer your advice.

What broker shoul I use, IB or someone else?

What charting software should I use?

What configuration do I set up? Do I need any additional software such as crossover, etc.?

Please be as detailed as possible.

I appreciate everyones help very much and thank you all in advance.

#44     May 11, 2008
  5. IB is a good broker as their platform runs Java (now 1.6 courtesy of the latest apple update)

There are a few other Java based Brokers

For charting I prefer the windows based solutions.

Crossover is OK, but not there yet in a lot of instances. However Paralles or Fusion (Now the 2.0 Beta Release 1) are great, work very well with a mac and allow Unity/Coherence mode for near seamless integration. Make sure you have 2GB of memory (minimum) to run these along side your OS X apps.

I recently upgraded to a Quad system for trading. Not because I needed it, but because it allows the system to run at idle with everything at 5-6% processor usage.

#45     May 11, 2008
  6. rickf

rickf

I'm running an iMac 24" purchased at the end of February. I have VMWare Fusion running XP and software from Open ECry as my futures broker....no problems!

#46     May 11, 2008