Daytrading software for Macs?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ericg27, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Schlim

Schlim

Your logic stinks. If a user has no post history and likes a product, then it necessarily entails that the user is a spammer. I hope you trade better than you reason. If those two skills are at equivalent levels, you may have more problems than spam paranoia.

#21     Dec 5, 2007
  2. Here is a crossover post from someone whos got a year of posting love under his belt...

Crossover works (with some apps)

For the best integration, use VMware Fusion or parallels. Both are very stable and offer more than enough for trading. I also recomend you bump your mac up to no less than 3GB of memory if you plan to run OS X apps and Windows apps at the same time. while they will run just fine with 1GB ofram, 3GB or more allows OS X to work without using VM so heavily... (meaning your app live in memory and not shared between the HD and memory)

#22     Dec 5, 2007
  3. what was buggy with IB's TWS - I have been using with no problems for just under a year.

#23     Dec 5, 2007
  4. A major issue was pinkouts.. During heavy traffic there servers were getting overloaded. I remember a ton of them in April 2007, but it has been solid since then.

#24     Dec 5, 2007
  5. Just noticed you said you were running leopard and Ib was buggy - I did not upgrade for just this reason. I read a lot about Java and leopard not playing well together.

#25     Dec 5, 2007
  6. Hmm. Not over in my world...

the update to 10.5.1 has fixed any initial bugs. now Java apps are flawless. The only bug is with spaces. They dont show up in the quickview for spaces. otherwise no hassles.

#26     Dec 5, 2007
  7. nravo

nravo

Bugs aplenty in latest upgrade using Leopard: not GTC orders, Australian stock orders freeze, PL columns calculate incorrectly .... Spent an hour with IB Tech last night and they said they are aware of an increasing number of problems with Leopard and TWS and have been for a couple weeks. No word on when they will clean it all up. My guess is it could be weeks or months. Hence, my interest in running TWS on Windows (would also like Webex running to view IB webinars, which I can't do on Macs or CrossOver.)

#27     Dec 5, 2007
  8. stevenao

stevenao

I am amazed by running QT with CrossOver. Do you notice any issue doing so at all?

#28     Dec 6, 2007
  9. I actually replied to this last night, but it didnt stick.

I have the pull down menu bug and the sticking "Last price" bug. I have experienced the p/L update bug.

However, I use AB to track my price action. My executions with IB have been flawless. (Thats what matters most to me)

The bid/ask quotes NEVER stick so I am fine. These little "niggles" (to me) are basically non-issue Bugs. (To Me again)

Perhaps it's best to downgrade to 10.4.10 until Apple releases a Java fix. Remember, apple pretty much writies it's own JRE for OS X. Hence why Apple is on 1.5 and the world is on 1.6

If these niggles affected my trading I would complain as you are, but it isnt. The data being streamed is accurate so I am good.

#29     Dec 6, 2007
  10. I had some minor display errors, but nothing that stopped me from being effective with my trading.

#30     Dec 6, 2007