Daytrading: Should I consider other software than NinjaTrader?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Laissez Faire, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ycomp

ycomp

yup.. that should solve the problem )

#71     Apr 25, 2018
  2. I sure hope there are improvements, but I still think it's a disappointment all things considered. I know users have struggled with a slow and lagging crosshair for over a year now. Completely unacceptable for such a basic feature, IMO.

The only thing I personally have benefited from at this point is the ability to tile charts in one Window as sheets/tab Excel style. Makes it much faster to navigate charts.

#72     Apr 25, 2018
  3. ycomp

ycomp

when does this lagging crosshair occur?

oh yeah I forgot about the tabs.. definitely a major improvement. Do you know how to drag a tab to another window ? I couldn't figure it out - I mean to move it out of one window and put it into another existing chart window

#73     Apr 25, 2018
  4. I agree with this. But isn't it nearly two years since NT8 was released by now? Hence my disappointment.

I decided to upgrade as I was doing some custom work anyway and upgraded my entire trading rig. But there have been moments along the way where I have simply considered just staying with NT7.

By the way, I know there's people who complain about performance issues and NT7 being a crappy platform, but for my (simple) needs, it's pretty much always been good.

#74     Apr 25, 2018
  5. When you use it? :)

It's gone on the latest update, though.

No idea about dragging tabs...

#75     Apr 25, 2018
  6. ycomp

ycomp

ah, got it.. I just installed NT 8 for the first time recently.

#76     Apr 25, 2018