Daytrading Resume?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by EF4869, Feb 13, 2004.

1. I think market makers are a dying breed, I was laidoff for schwab capitial markets 1 1/2 years ago, most traders i worked with are gone too

#11     Feb 13, 2004
  2. EF4869

EF4869

Market Making is my primary background. However, I am not looking for MM jobs. I am seeking international employment specifically in the Middle East.

#12     Feb 13, 2004
  3. omcate,

where did you read that? This week? I haven't seen it in any news article.

:confused:

#13     Feb 13, 2004
  4. omcate

omcate

I heard it from CNBC today. Reuters also mentioned that:

Goldman Lays Off Equities Staff
    By Jake Keaveny
    Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2004

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Investment bank Goldman Sachs Group <GS.N> laid off several dozen stock traders and sales staff on Tuesday, cutting costs as the stock-trading business is hit by shrinking commissions and steeper competition, according to people close to the company.

The layoffs come as Goldman shifts resources away from the traditional business of making stock trades for investment firms in favor of faster growing businesses such as equity derivatives, convertible bonds and big block trades of stock.

The sources, who declined to be named, said layoffs were focused on employees that generated the least profits in a variety of equities businesses. The so-called cash equities area -- executing plain vanilla stock trades -- has been hit the hardest, they said.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/040210/financial_goldman_equities_urgent_1.html

#14     Feb 13, 2004
  5. I've had returns of 151% in 2002 and 103% in 2003, which i can document.

Anyone that can offer insight as to how I can trade professionaly would be greatly appreciated!

#15     Feb 13, 2004