Daytrading quickly becomes a bullsh*t job, and as such people justify it?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Apr 12, 2010.

1. I felt the same way until I tried day trading with an online group. It's been more consistently profitable because of the peer pressure to trade the plan and desist from impulsive decisions. You can make connections and even get together with folks living nearby outside of market hours. Trading never generates marketable experience, no, but neither do the majority of college majors or even many jobs.

Also, I do more swing and position trading these days than day trading. I'm finding it more profitable and much less hectic, stressful, or time-consuming. You might try expanding your time frame and go back to working a day job, or just enjoy your leisure time.

#41     Apr 14, 2010
  2. Mav88

Mav88

Perhaps crgarcia could find employment in demotivational speaking.

#42     Apr 15, 2010
  3. crgarcia:
    I just came out of a 4 month contract with a "big pharma" company.
    Talk about bullshit jobs !
    Most of the people there had these incredible benefits, yet they did nothing but answer emails and phone calls day after day.
    The amount of "dead wood" at this company was phenomenal...and they had already made major layoffs.

#43     Apr 16, 2010
  4. And who can motivate him to do that?

#44     Apr 16, 2010
  5. sumfuka

sumfuka

Daytrading = BAD. Nighttrading = GOOD. Is that what the OP is trying to say?

#45     Apr 18, 2010
  6. Demotivating someone to commit suicide is a good thing.

Frequent trading is a financial suicide.

You, get a real job.

I made big money last year from the stock market rebound.
    I'm into bonds now.

All talk without track records (or at least posting trades real time is BS.
    The naives should be aware of it.

#46     Apr 21, 2010
  7. So you will be providing YOUR track record from last year and this year in bonds for all of ET to see and also someone to verify your numbers are legit???

#47     Apr 21, 2010
  8. speres

speres

ur statements correct if you dont understand price action and the auction process.

#48     Apr 22, 2010
  9. Lethn

Lethn

Anyone else find it funny that he's suddenly gone from being absolutely convinced that trading isn't a real job to defending it rabidly because he supposedly made a ton of money from the stock markets?

Get your head out of your arse CGarcia.

#49     Apr 22, 2010
  10. financialmarket

financialmarket Guest

it's only b.s. job is you losing money daytrading. and account is only $5000 or less than $10,000...than you might as well get REAL JOB that pays the bills. i mean even $45,000/year is peanuts for profession or career...nothing impressive about making $45,000/year it's average income your not going to impress anyone with $45,000/year or even $100,000/year these days it's b.s. job cause of the income

it's not a b.s. job if you are making $500,000/year daytrading at the institutional level.

#50     Apr 22, 2010