Daytrading quickly becomes a bullsh*t job, and as such people justify it?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Apr 12, 2010.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I've made my living for 14+ years trading. I don't see it as a hobby though. You people that post such useless drivel have no idea as to what comprises a successful trader. And it varies trader to trader.

#31     Apr 13, 2010
  2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Oh wow. I just posted I've lasted 14+ years -- and uhhh, I trade retail.

PS You don't need millions in BP to make a decent living trading.

#32     Apr 13, 2010
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Millenium Man made 280K$ yesterday. For sure decent is different for him.

For you it's just pleasing your boss, adding lines to your resumes , be respected in what you do and get in line/slightly above in terms of income, but not him.

A lot of people would accept a diminishing income for the freedom you have trading for a living, but when you are making more( or even a lot more ), it really is a no-brainer.

#33     Apr 14, 2010
  4. @crgarcia: It's pretty obvious from your previous posts since 2006, that you tried (day)trading and failed.

Now you try to rationalize your failure by opening 'it can't be done'-threads every other day.

I think failed traders split into three different groups:

Group 'A' accepts that trading - like many other professions - is not for everyone, because it requires a relatively uncommon combination of skills (which can be acquired) and personal traits (which can not be acquired, or only to some very limited extent)

Group 'B' is neutral, does not care about why they failed or if it is even possible to trade profitably. They tried it, it did not work, they move on.

Group 'C' - the most troubled group - failed, but cannot accept they are simply not suited for this profession. Maybe they are not able to acquire the required skills, or maybe trading does not fit their personality. So they are constantly bitching around, coming up with theories over theories why it is impossible, and so on.

What members of Group 'C' do not seem to realize is this: It's no shame to fail at trading, because it says not much about their other skills. One can be a fantastic engineer, great software developer - whatever! One can be a fucking genius in some other area and still fail at trading. And it says even less about their value as human being. So there is simply no need to rationalize failure as a trader to 'feel better'!

You once posted that the time a failed trader tried to make it work, is time lost. I don't think so. Sometimes to try is the only way to find out if something works for you. So, if you failed at trading - you gained some experience.

But what makes absolutely no sense is constantly bitching around and posting this 'it can't be done'-drivel like you do. That is, in fact, time lost. Even if you were right, nobody here listens to you. Because this is a trading board.

So, move on. Don't engage in pointless arguments.

I will not try to convince you that profitable (day)trading is possible. Mabye it is, maybe it isn't. Why do you care?

#34     Apr 14, 2010
  5. Blotto

Blotto

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

Please guys, don't feed this troll.

#35     Apr 14, 2010
  6. HAHA so funny:D :D :D :D

#36     Apr 14, 2010
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I notice since your arrival at Elitetrader.com you've stopped talking about your charts, trades, market analysis and have slowly progressed into showing anger towards what you use to do. In fact, you were even giving technical analysis advice involving indicators concerning what's useful and not. :D

Now fast forward a few years, I see anger developing into profanity and personal attacks. Therefore, how much money did you lose :confused: because anyone can see what's going on with you if they review your post history since your very first message post here at Elitetrader.com

Simply, I can't imagine you being profitable after seeing how you've slowly changed since your arrival.

Mark

#37     Apr 14, 2010
  8. trendo

trendo

crgarcia,

Did you read that ebook you referred to in your opening post? What's your point in posting the link?

#38     Apr 14, 2010
  9. olias

olias

I get the impression he's trying to bait someone into showing him how to trade and make money just to get him to STFU

#39     Apr 14, 2010
  10. Lethn

Lethn

There seems to be an annoying amount of tactics of that sort here :(

I've been suddenly understanding why no one really posts their trading techniques etc.

#40     Apr 14, 2010