Daytrading may die this year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Maybe if markets across the world closed?

#11     Jan 12, 2009
  2. lescor

lescor

Any trader worth his salt has a big, fat cushion from 2008 to help him get through any supposed tough market. Good traders can make $ in any market though.

#12     Jan 12, 2009
  3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

it's a lot easier to make money daytrading in bull markets, there is just more volume.

#13     Jan 12, 2009
  4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

only people left will be professional market makers and real investors. isn't that what the market is created for.

#14     Jan 12, 2009
  5. no, bad traders will most likely die. Markets will continue, all be it on low volume eventually.

Plenty of Markets to trade from all over the world.

There was a reason the NYMEX open the Dubia Exchange, then there is LIFE, Asian Exchanges, etc to trade.

Just like the 9 to 5ers being laid off, you might have to go to another market to trade, where the money is.

If you can't adapt you will be extinct. That is a rule of Nature.

Those traders that adapt, will continue. Those that do not, will die. Same with Markets.

#15     Jan 12, 2009
  6. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i think many people including those with retiurements accounts will grow and sick and tired of wall street and invest in much leass risky instruments opposed to stocks. this will invariably hurt volitility. the market is going to be much different for a long time. imo

#16     Jan 12, 2009
  7. I thought daytraders couldn't fail according to this forum.

#17     Jan 12, 2009
  8. lescor

lescor

And less volatility. I'd take a repeat of the 4th quarter of '08 over the most raging bull market in history.

#18     Jan 12, 2009
  9. Second that.

#19     Jan 12, 2009
  10. lindq

lindq

Trading should be excellent this year, especially for index futures. Lower, but still decent VIX, and a nice trading range.

Just continue to short any show of strength. :p

#20     Jan 12, 2009