daytrading loans

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pumpkinhead, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Incorporate, trade for the corporation, then write yourself checks.

Then you can show the loan sharks pay stubs.

:D

#21     Feb 16, 2007
  2. If you cannot afford to trade with the money you currently have, then you should not be trading. It is as simple as that. You are only supposed to trade with risk capital. I have a total account worth of a little more than 177k. If I lost it now, obviously, I would be pissed, but it would not kill me. Can you say the same if you lost all of your money in the market? Ever see the movie Boiler Room?

#22     Feb 16, 2007
  3. very true comptalk

#23     Feb 16, 2007
  4. One of my uncles, Dominic (The Wallet) Sergo could have helped you out as he kinda made his living loaning money out to gamblers and horse players outside of OTB parlors but he died of natural causes at the young age of 44 but nobody believes it was really natural causes but nobody also is asking any questions..

Good luck trying to find someone though.

#24     Feb 16, 2007
  5. Funny how this is bad, but loaning a guy who makes 60K a year, $800,000 with nothing down for a home is ok :D

#25     Feb 16, 2007
  6. I hate jumping on threads like this, but if you put me in first position on your title, I'll give you a decent rate up to around 90% LTV. (ok, not zero down, but close enough)

This joker has no collateral at all.

#26     Feb 16, 2007
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

But successful traders have capital they generate from trading. Ask yourself if you'd lend $$$ to someone who had no source of (guaranteed) income, who could not show the ability to pay the $$$ back. Would you lend them the $$$? I wouldn't.

Daytraders are supposed to not risk $$$ they can't afford to lose. Thus, if you have no risk capital then you really shouldn't be trading, which amounts to gambling in such a scenario. If you do have a system or method that works with real $$$ and not a simulator, then you would already have $$$ to trade with.

Your best bet is to get a conventional job, save some $$$ and then begin trading. Further, if you have such a job then you can go and get a loan for some $$$ to add to your trading capital.

#27     Feb 16, 2007
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Am i missing the obvious...? You're a daytrader so you had money to trade with before, what happened to that, did you blowup?

I hope that assuming you haven't traded before and hoping to make regular income as a new trader (with whatever avenue funds you account) is incorrect...that's absurd.

#28     Feb 17, 2007
  9. I know it's seductive to think about getting a loan to trade, but DHOHHI pretty much spelled it out in full.

But hey, we're all adults here.

JJ

#29     Feb 17, 2007
  10. sulli

sulli

Oh, but he has a burning passion! The kinda fortitude such that he will never lose! :p

Say what? Broken record? :eek:

(Now waiting for a brutal ET attack because, I am making assumptions. Preparing for fetal position! :p )

#30     Feb 17, 2007