Daytrading is a churning trap advised by brokers...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Can you quit starting the headline threads?

You sound like a nightclub comedian...

#11     Oct 2, 2008
  2. da-net

da-net

This threads title and it being in the psychology channel gave me the idea that this might be the place for me to ask some serious questions.

i use to be one of those that bought & held, in fact i still have quite a bit of toilet paper including some marvel bonds. it took me quite a bit of time to wise up to shorter term trading.

that shorter term trading might be considered swing or day trading because the trades could last anywhere from an hour to a few days. i still do this kind of trading, but i realized that i needed to develop a second skillset for those times when the mkts are quiet and range bound.

it took a lot of time but i finally developed the scalping capability where trades usually last about 5 to 30 minutes. i demo tested it extensively and took it live one day only. the results were staggering (at least in my thinking) 38 trades, 22 wins & 16 losses. the wins generated 570 pips, the losses were 250 pips for a net gain of 320 pips...the trading was from 4pm until 5:30 am

during my trading this one day, i experienced a feeling within myself that i can not describe, but i was aware of it and i have tried to understand what the feeling was. i tried scalp trading a second day, but the feeling was not there so my results were not there and i quit scalp trading in hopes of trying to understand what the feeling was

here is my questions for those of you that scalp trade

do you experience that feeling when you trade? have you been able to define it or understand it? does it happen every time you trade? can you replicate it at will?

i appreciate any input that can help me understand what this was.

#12     Oct 2, 2008