Daytrading for starters

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Witm020, Dec 18, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

#21     Dec 22, 2003
  2. T-REX

T-REX

I read the book a few years ago. some great insights but primarily he is a front man for Tradestation and an advocate for mechanical trading.

You know how I feel about mechanical trading.

#22     Dec 22, 2003
  3. cvds16

cvds16

If you want to trade currencies you should use the futures too, instead of those brokers who rip you in the spread with their zero commissions.

#23     Dec 22, 2003
  4. no no no

no newbies should trade futures ...

go small with stocks first 100 shares

#24     Dec 22, 2003
  5. You don't risk any money paper trading on a demo.

#25     Dec 22, 2003
  6. With the demo from Saxo Bank you can trade FX, futures, CFD and shares. With the demo fra CMS-Forex you can trade direct on the charts.

#26     Dec 22, 2003
  7. I dont think there is anything out there that will prepare you for trading other than hooking up with someone who knows what they are doing. I think papertrading is an effective tool AFTER you have at least a little bit of experience. Reading is, for the most part, a waste of time, imo. If you have a couple of grand you can afford to lose then open an account and see how easy it is to lose money.

#27     Dec 22, 2003
  8. stevebec

stevebec

Actually, I was referring to an index tracking the number of new traders as a contrarian signal, not an index of articles.

#28     Dec 22, 2003
  9. bentnose

bentnose

Stick with high volume. Go to a free stock screener like Yahoo and pick stocks under a buck but with minimum 10 million daily and max 50 million. Look at ADSX right now its at 32 cents.

I watch these trade in 20-40 thousand blocks a sale in island book viewer.

If you bought 40,000 at .32 and it went up to .33 when you sell minus commissh+exchange fees you just made around $375.00

#29     Dec 22, 2003