Daytrading for starters

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Witm020, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Witm020

Witm020 Guest

Hi,

First, I apologize if this question has been asked. I did a quick search since I have no time and find no similar post.

My questions is that if you guys know any ‘good’ online trading websites for starters like me? I found dozens of day trading websites, but I do not know which one is good for starters. I’m a beginner day trader and still learning. I want to do online daytrading as a job/career which some of you guys does it here. How much money do I need to start in online daytrading. Since I’m a starter I will just start buying penny stocks or $1 stocks.

Does any of you guys know any online daytrading for starters and that I could buy 'cheap stocks or penny stocks'??

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    Witm020

2. WOW where is all the this new blood coming from all of a sudden?? :eek:

3. Havent you heard Longshot? The Bull is back!!! :D :eek:

4. cvds16

cvds16

from what you are writing its obvious you havent' got a clue what you're getting into. First read and learn lots and lots more, then think about starting to trade. Its too late here to get into it, maybe i'll try tomorrow to add some more info.

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Look up at the bar at the top of the page and click "Training".

6. Witm020

Witm020 Guest

Relax you guys. Just a friendly question. No need to be sarcastic. It's fine with me if this post is to be deleted but at least PM me if you can help me with my question.

Best Wishes,
    Witm020

7. Don't worry, you haven't seen sarcasm yet. And from your post I'm sure you'll get some. What you wrote was the equivalent of my going to "elitebrainsurgeon.com" and asking"

"I'm thinking of doing brain surgery for a living. Since I'm a beginner I plan to focus only on the hypothalamus. What size scalpel do you guys recommend?"

Obviously I'm not going to be a brain surgeon because there are major barriers to entry. Trading has no barriers to entry and that's precisely why so many people fail. They don't train themselves before they try.

In my own case I was fortunate because I only started with a few grand. All the mistakes I made didn't cost me very much because there wasn't much to lose. But if I had to do it again I'd study my ass off before I bet a dime.

Anyway, you're on the right track looking for information. You might have to break down and order a ton of books to study from. The truth is, you are going to find any earth shattering information in the books (not for $39.99 plus tax) but you'll learn to think in terms of probabilities, setups, triggers, money management, etc.
    Good luck

8. Turok

Turok

I didn't see anyone being sarcastic, just two guys trying to save your a**.

And yes, the "training" button is a great place to start.

JB

9. LouieR

LouieR

Check out http://www.tfnn.com . Tom O'Brien has an AM and PM talk show where he discusses stocks and his system of technical analysis which is based strictly on price and volume. It is easy to understand and makes sense. You can listen to the shows over the internet.

10. Mecro

Mecro

Day trading penny stocks?

Oh boy

#10     Dec 18, 2003