Daytrading EUR/USD

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cvds16, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Onra

Onra

From the USD index thread:

I suppose he's right...

#31     Jun 11, 2018
  2. cvds16

cvds16

yeah, clearly stophunting going on today.

#32     Jun 11, 2018
  3. maxinger

maxinger

Then forget what I had said.

#33     Jun 11, 2018
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

EU's been kinda slow today, GU not much better, DAX on the other hand is doing me proud, less changeable aswell trend wise.

#34     Jun 11, 2018
  5. wartrace

wartrace

I never enter the trading day with a directional bias. I do not have enough capital to influence markets; all I can do is trade the momentum. I have a couple of "if-then-else" scenarios in mind but any one of them could unfold.

#35     Jun 11, 2018
  6. treeman

treeman

This is something I've been a bit confused by. Does stop hunting actually occur in the currency markets? Wouldn't that take a crazy amount of capital to do considering how much money flows through? I've always thought that the market was so deep that it would be nearly impossible to stop hunt.

#36     Jun 11, 2018
  7. cvds16

cvds16

Not too certain either but from what I read there are algo's who do just that ... we'll probably never know the answer.

#37     Jun 11, 2018
  8. cvds16

cvds16

Well, having a bias isn't so bad, you got to know what to look for to change your bias. I came in bullish but at the point of 1.1811 I should have reversed my bias to short: enough evidence for that. I still have that short bias for now, at least till we reach 1.1727. Then and there I will review things again.

#38     Jun 11, 2018
  9. treeman

treeman

Surely 6e can't track the EURUSD tick by tick, but I was under the impression that it gets arb'ed pretty quickly. To the extent that it's pointless to consider being an arb because the arbs are so good and close spreads quickly. So to stop hunt the 6e, you'd have to dive into forex and somehow dump enough money on one side in to move it (in forex, isn't stophunting done by the shady broker where you can never be sure what the price really was? just what they tell you it was). Wouldn't that be billions? How do you stop hunt a market where $trillions flow everyday? Sounds really risky to me, but I obviously don't know and looking for some sort of enlightenment.

#39     Jun 11, 2018
  10. cvds16

cvds16

short 1.1767, break of inside bar with my trend bias. the last hour was a pinbar too. That alone was enough signal

#40     Jun 12, 2018