Daytrading equities in foreign markets

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by meiser, Jan 25, 2007.

1. meiser

meiser

Has anyone any experience with day trading equities in foreign markets? I hear that day trading the Indian markets - Bombay Stock Exchange and NSE (the equivalent of NASDAQ) is getting increasingly prevalent. The markets are very volatile (maybe even too volatile for our tastes) and the intra-day trading ranges are quite big for a number of the stocks.

thanks in advance for any input.

2. pp7

pp7

I know this is an old thread but I'm also really interested in this. Does anyone else know anything more about the nature of stocks on the NSE? Any idea where/how to get historical tick data for it?

3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

those markets have few market participants. the bigger the intra-day the few market participants on the sell or buyside much like penny stocks in pinksheets or OTC BB stocks.

4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

institutional investors or even retail investors don't like those markets for that reason, those markets are illiquid lik penny stocks.

5. pp7

pp7

Hmm, when I checked a few stocks some of them seemed quite liquid with high volume. Any other comments on the nature of these stocks?