Daytrading E-minis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by reg, May 31, 2003.

1. Ditch

Ditch

www.mytrack.com

#21     Jun 4, 2003
  2. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

My partner, Allen Zuckerman has his index trading service free for the next two days...http://www.realitytrader.com/rtc3.exe is the free software to download and can use any login info you wish...there were about 100 people in there yesterday and I'm sure many of your questions about trading the indices could be answered by Allen or from the plenty of people in there concentrated on just trading the indices.

Regards,

Chris

#22     Jun 4, 2003

3. www.globalfutures.com

reputable, j or x trader platform, and low low margins.

enjoy !

surfer:)

#23     Jun 4, 2003
  4. x-or

x-or

#24     Jun 4, 2003
  5. #25     Jun 4, 2003

6. yes, i have traded with them. commisions are negotiable and competitive. i have had good experiences.

best,

surfer:)

#26     Jun 4, 2003

7. yes, sorry about that. wrong URL.

surfer:eek:

#27     Jun 4, 2003
  8. reg

reg

Thanks for all your replies. It gave me a lot to chew on. I however am still convinced that CONSISTENTLY making money trading the e-minis is extremely tough (tougher than trading stocks) and that only a handful of traders are successful at this.
    Appreciate all the responses.:)

#28     Jun 9, 2003
  9. How difficult is it to make 1k consistenly on a daily basis from the emini?

2k?

#29     Jun 9, 2003

10. Throw out your preconception of making X amount of points or dollars per day, and there's a start.

People starting out envision daytrading as just "taking out a couple points per day" because that sounds like the easiest way to generate steady income -- nothing could be further from the truth. Sit in front of the screen all day, and count how many times the ES makes 2 point moves -- what can you learn, if anything, when your daily target is being made 100x or more daily? How do you differentiate a good trade with noise/random outcome? Trading for "a couple points per day" is an ultimately futile exercise, and starting out your daytrading career with this seemingly "simple" goal is a big mistake IMO.

Instead, how about learning to only trade when you think you can capture 10 ES points in one trade intraday? In this case, you might actually learn something about the market :)

#30     Jun 10, 2003