Daytrading Currencies

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Instant Karma, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm going to sound like a broken record but..volatility has totally vanished from the European session.
    I guess i'm going to have to venture into US session to try to catch a descent move..... which means longer hours at the desk..

but not today..

+43.52 USD

[​IMG]

#51     Jul 6, 2012
  2. Only for the past couple of weeks, give it some time, it still remains to be seen if that's the case. It does seem like the moves have been occurring when you least expect them, around 5-6am Est though.

#52     Jul 6, 2012
  3. Month To Date Net P&L : 382.74 USD

Since inception of the account ( April 02 - July 06 )

[​IMG]

#53     Jul 7, 2012
  4. Scalping the wiggles..
    1 b/e, 1 loss, 1 win..

+71.79 USD

[​IMG]

#54     Jul 9, 2012
  5. Got my ass kicked pretty bad in the downdraft between 10 and 11 am EST..in the EUR/USD..

- 362.08 USD

[​IMG]

#55     Jul 10, 2012
  6. TRS

TRS

Grinding a few pips day in/day out.

Burned with size on "downdraft"

Journal is for learning

Have a read of what you write....

#56     Jul 10, 2012
  7. interesting journal, thanks for sharing.

What are your goals with trading and what are your tradesize rules?

#57     Jul 10, 2012
  8. TRS and Masterchanger,
    Please realize that the sizes shown in the blotter are TOTALS.. 1.6M EUR is the result of multiple trades..
    Sometimes when i trade a setup, it's not 1 setup = 1 trade...it's 1 setup = 1 or multiple trades until the whole process shows a profit.. size varies according the P&L, the deeper into the red the greater the size...
    Also I'm a practitioner of the "Quit while you're ahead" philosophy...
    The 2 combined contribute to series of winning days interrupted by the occasional large losing day.
    On April 02, i had a 7% loss (for the day), that's an "out of control loss", something i absolutely cannot afford...and I'm trying very hard to avoid.
    Yesterday was a 1.12% loss..in my book it's a controlled loss..nothing special ..

#58     Jul 11, 2012
  9. Tried to short AUD/USD.. couple of times...couldn't get anything going..got out of the way...

-15.60 USD

[​IMG]

#59     Jul 11, 2012
  10. Read this and see what you think.

Stop 8 pips target 8 pips .

Scalping in the direction of 15 min trend line and hourly.4 hourly and daily context

Timing is the most important tool.

Preferred set ups: Use the following set up on 1 and 15 min for intraday trading. Look for a full reversal, as opposed to a retracement to trend line.
    http://www.winnersedgetrading.com/forex-trading-finding-reversals/

#60     Jul 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.