Daytrading Currencies

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Instant Karma, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Very quite markets today.. still was able to find a trade..clever entry..poor management...

+33.44 USD

[​IMG]

#41     Jul 3, 2012
  2. scratch that.actually took one more trade right before going to sleep (what was i expecting ? a miracle? ) and i lost 13 bucks...

+20 USD

[​IMG]

#42     Jul 4, 2012
  3. What a F-ing grinder... 2 little scalps and then done..

+63.24 USD

[​IMG]

#43     Jul 4, 2012
  4. Did you place a sell with GBP/CHF that got you over 74k profit. Or am i reading that wrong?

#44     Jul 4, 2012
  5. No,this trade is closed like i noted 2 posts above.. for a 13 USD loss..

i started the trade before midnight Tuesday and closed it after midnight Wednesday. Since only Wednesday is checked on the blotter you only see the sell order and it looks like the trade is still open but it's not.

#45     Jul 4, 2012
  6. I have a rule

if it's over 8 pages, don't post until you've read all the posts (if it's under 8 pages you should have already done that (although most do not.))

first thing is, there are some egregious errors posted here on the cost of trading forex with IB.

Secondly, what is your preoccupation with being flat at 17:00? In ES it makes sense to get flat before overnight kicks in, but not as far as I know in forex. Accrued interest is a bitch, but not really a concern enough to adjust a position on.

Thirdly, all I trade is my account balance. I have huge unrealized profits and losses and they mean nothing to me until I get flat, and then the measure of success is the new account balance.

fourthly, journals are a waste of time, but I had nothing better to do on the Fourth of July than waste somebody elses time

currency trading has been profitable for me with a small account at IB, but I doubt if it would be if I limited it for some unknown reason to "Daytrading" like a common ES trader. The moves usually occur in a matter of minutes, but they can be during the day or late at night.

Like the man said, "Isn't that the funniest thing you ever saw? (I guess you had to be there.)"

#46     Jul 4, 2012

7. Good question...

I trade between 2pm and roughly 8pm.. (2am - 8am EST )
    - I start watching the market at the end of the Asian snooze, a time when price displays a tendency to chop(moves but no trend) and when stop-gunning activity is prevalent... an environment that fits my trading style, taste, personality..

- I scalp handful of pips here and there.. i sit tight at my desk, when I'm in a trade i don't take bathroom breaks, i don't answer the phone.. i'm focused... 6 hours of that is all i want to do..being flat at the day (and i mean MY DAY, not the calendar day, not everybody's day, not your day) is inherent to the scalping style..

#47     Jul 4, 2012
  8. i think you waisting your time,get a real job

#48     Jul 5, 2012
  9. Summer trading is here i guess.. with its lazy quiet markets... i might have to adapt if i want to eat something else besides peanuts... or better..go on vacation...

+46.03 USD

[​IMG]

#49     Jul 5, 2012
  10. UPDATE FOR THURSDAY

Dissatisfied with my P&L today, i went back trading into US session ( which i try to avoid) i took 3 trades in GBP/USD ..one small loss and 2 wins..

+107.93 USD

[​IMG]

#50     Jul 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.