Daytrading Currencies Explodes

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TradeOff, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Actually, friend, I look forward to those you mention trading against me.

The more and harder they trade against me the more money I make.

Again, you should be careful who you call a "fool"... he may be on the other side of your trade someday.

Cheers!

to

#31     Apr 9, 2004
  2. izeickl: Dude, this should be posted in a gold frame and set at the entry of this thread all the forex bashing losers to read.

Right on, man!

to

#32     Apr 9, 2004
  3. Guys,
    Looking at it this way. Broker stats show that about 70-80% of FX online traders lose money, which means that about 20-30% is running away with the profits. That said, it doesn't mean you can't make money in this market. Make yourself a good trading system and you can do very well in the FX markets. I find it the best market to trade due to the high liquidity and tight spreads. It's not easy, but do'able.
    Good Luck

#33     Apr 11, 2004
  4. Foz

Foz

I think you made that up. There's the old saw about a high percentage of day traders losing money. Did you assume it is true and then assume that people who execute FX trades online have the same profitability as day traders? Is that how you derived your statistic? Or did you reinvent the wheel and make up your "statistic" from scratch? Pretty specious in either case.

90% of all statistics are false. Including this one.

#34     Apr 11, 2004
  5. I think it's more like 99% of fx traders lose; 95% of all traders lose.

The other ones (who don't lose) get rich.

to

#35     Apr 11, 2004
  6. Uni

Uni

Ok, you said it now show us those broker stats. A simple link would suffice. Oh, you can't? If so, please keep your suppositions to yourself. I get so tired of reading these threads riddled with posts filled with fabricated B.S. Grrrr!

I think ET should automatically delete those posts that contain fantasy stats. The threads would be so much leaner and easier to get through.

Uni

#36     Apr 12, 2004
  7. traderob

traderob

Where did you get this from? A broker I met at a seminar told me over 80% of the forex clients have accounts under $2000- they are just playing, .
    One account I had with FXCM I made 40% in one week. But it meant nothing because it was only a $2000 account. Yet I could see this being used as an example of how people can make easy money.

#37     Apr 12, 2004
  8. Those are the inside facts from several online brokers. I am in the FX business and know this. Of course it's of the record so I can't show it to you. If you don't believe it your are living in a dream.

#38     Apr 12, 2004
  9. What part of the FX business are you in?

#39     Apr 12, 2004
  10. Trader and broker business

#40     Apr 12, 2004