Daytrading Breakouts in the ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Johnny Rotten, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahh schucks, no chance of a quick shag then? :p

#41     Jun 11, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

I bought it for $16.5

#42     Jun 11, 2003
  3. Thank you my son! It took me the best part of two hours not just to write it all down, but to edit it, to formulate the bullets, the flow of it all, etc., so it was at least half readable. Two fucking hours! And then a few asswipes come in and abuse me for it. See what I mean about Groupies, Gurus and Establishment? That third post was absolutely necessary to warn people about this web site and the assholes that troll it. These people hate fuckers like me for crashing their little party. Fuck 'em all, the miserable bastards. They'll probably still read and steal my ideas though, so fucking shameless are they. When was the last time you ever read a post from one of my 'critics' that ever made you stop and think? Motherfuckers the lot of 'em, but don't get me started! :D

#43     Jun 11, 2003
  4. dpanic

dpanic

Shame on me :) I did overlook that, guess if I'm going to follow this thread I better set up my charts accordingly. Problem with learning new stuff during the trading day is I have my normal trading plan to execute so there's alot of details to keep up with. I think when you start to reach the point that 3 monitors is not enuf it's time to back off a bit and simplify. That's why I'm interested in what you've proposed, at the least maybe a different perspective will spark some new ideas.

One immediate idea I'm seriously considering is trading the Euro open and the US open and then just blowing off the US afternoon for the rest of the summer. I don't think I've had a really good afternoon for quite some time.

#44     Jun 11, 2003
  5. himself

himself

I understand the preference for the non native stop-limit order in the DAX where slippage is expected and a different price is used for the stop and the limit. But for the ESTX50 your rule is the "same as DAX except the initial stop-limit order should have the same limit price as stop price."

If the stop and the limit for the ESTX50 are to be the same, then wouldn't we be better of with the natively held plain stop order?

#45     Jun 11, 2003
  6. Dearest Brother Johnny Rotten,

Nice thread... there are many ways to skin a cat and, although your way is a way of trading that I don't trade, its an interesting read... keep up the good work, and your interesting contributions to our ET community...

All the best,
    Candle

P.S. your generalizations on the establishment, gurus and groupies are, however, uncalled for and belittle what is otherwise a fairly mature thread...

#46     Jun 11, 2003
  7. Good thread sim - what is your win/loss% with this methodology, and how long have you been trading/testing it?

#47     Jun 11, 2003
  8. Absolutely not. I've lost track of the number of times assholes have driven away good people and destroyed a promising thread. Plus, I've lost track of the number of inane comments made by Elite members. Preaching morals and good behaviour is extremely tedious and boring to read. So, while I say "you're welcome", I'm watching you with a leery eye. You managed to piss off my little brother Sim from what I remember? :eek: So just behave yourself and we won't have a problem, OK?!

In the meantime, go out and buy a copy of my 1977 record: "Never mind the bollocks ..." It'll do you some good :)

#48     Jun 11, 2003
  9. Dearest Brother Johnny Rotten,

The fact that I have already bestowed upon you the honor of a Brother, effectively making you a Member of the Fraternity, should show you that, despite the fact that you are a relatively new addition to the ET community, you are already held in high regard by Brother Candle...

Rest assured, there is little need to behold me with a leery eye, unless of course your ulterior motive is to be a mischief maker on these here forums...

My initial analyses on your persona lead me to conclude that you are a Brother of high intellect, who genuinely has an altruistic streak running through him...

On this basis, I urge you not to think of me as Big Brother but instead as a Brother Amongst Equals, traversing life together to an unknown destination...

With love and warm feelings for you, my Brother...
    Candle

P.S. Please convey my heartiest and sincere regards for Brother Sim... please include a reference to the widely acknowledged fact that ET is worse off for his absence...

#49     Jun 11, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Is there an emoticon for Gag Me?

#50     Jun 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.