Daytrading BOs in the ES/NQ

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Jul 8, 2003.

1. bubba7

bubba7

Sorry I just noticed you had gone over to learning from sulong who is very sharp.

In fact you asked a lot of Q's that would help you out as I saw it.

It was clear to me that his stop approach was really working as well.

I know what I said seems complicated to you. What I say always does. Thats just the reality of stuff.

It is a neat thing to look at how 3 to 4 trades a week that make 30 to 40 points provides a clear foundation.

Finding out that 3 to 4 trades making 30 to 40 points is happening really makes this thread a neat one.

So now we head back to your stuff that started the thread.

Hey go for it.

For me, I thought sulong's stuff was terrific and it does represent a very very very powerful place from which to continue forward to make more money per week.

Sulong is on a roll.

#21     Jul 10, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Contrary to what you'd like to believe, Jack, not every thread is about you.

#22     Jul 10, 2003
  3. bubba7

bubba7

your method takes you in at 9:40 long. waht price?

Did you get your criteria met as time passed?

When were the critical points reached and what were the values.

If you want tell us how many contracts you have running.

Sulong, how are your stops running today?

#23     Jul 11, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Make an effort to understand the strategy. Then perhaps your questions will be more germane.

#24     Jul 11, 2003
  5. bubba7

bubba7

Right on. thanks for the comments.

#25     Jul 11, 2003
  6. bubba7

bubba7

Did you trade today with your strategy?

#26     Jul 11, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You're responding to your own posts now? Open the catheter a bit.

#27     Jul 11, 2003
  8. diz

diz

db-
    I've been following the discussion on daytrading BO's in the ES/NQ since it was first presented in pawpaw's managing false breakouts thread. I like the simplicity of it and have been paper trading with some success in the ES. I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1)How do you move your stops? I find that when I paper trade, I use more conservative (i.e. distant) stops at pivot highs or lows on 5 or 2 minute bars and it works pretty well. When I trade, I tend to try to get to break-even quicker and get stopped out as a result. I recall you saying that you try to get to BE ASAP. How do you manage it?

2)I've also read up on the ORB strategy that you discuss. Like other BO trading methods that I've used, it seems more prone to false BO's than JR's method. Am I missing something? How do you combine the two systems? Where do the one minute bars come into play?

3)I notice that you and sulong speak mostly of NQ. Any advantages of NQ over ES?

4)Do you look at the European markets at all? I don't currently have access to the European data through Terranova, but I can see great advantage to it. JR's strategy seems ideal for the Europe based trader as he can trade two opens (Europe and US) in the same day.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you're willing to share.

diz

#28     Jul 21, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

PM me.

#29     Jul 21, 2003