Daytrading and a Golfer Mind

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Nelson1980, Feb 25, 2003.

1. I know some people whom I started playing golf with a long time, and they still can't break 100.

I think, they are not FOCUSED, or can't learn from their mistakes considering how long they have been playing.

So, I would say if you can't break 100 on the golf course, and really want to improve and you still can't understand why you can't break 100 after playing for a while, then I think from my way of thinking that you are set for a failure. :D

#21     Feb 27, 2003
  2. When a golfer can't improve his score, he changes his equiptment.
    When a daytrader can't make money, he changes his trading system.

Same result for both. :D

#22     Mar 11, 2003
  3. Well said spreadem... one of the biggest pitfalls of wannabe system traders.

#23     Mar 11, 2003
  4. Neil

Neil

I prefer that analogy.. I used to fence a few years back and loved it greatly.. there definitely are similarities.. epee tho not foil.. whole body target and hardly any rules, have at em!

maybe a cross between fencing, chess, darts and dice..

Neil

#24     Mar 11, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

Don't forget darts and pool....:p

#25     Mar 11, 2003
  6. canuck

canuck

to desrcibe trading as a pro-golfer is correct. You compete against yourself, and all traders have losing trades. It's how you react to those setbacks that differentiate the good traders from the bad traders. look at Tiger after a bad shot. I've never seen a guy come back from being in the rough/trees/sand etc...so many times.

#26     Mar 17, 2003