Daytraders:watch your health

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MohdSalleh, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Hardo

Hardo

Has anyone considered doing this while they trade. I am currently in good shape and not really concerned but I might try this if I start packing on the pounds or my health starts to decline.

http://www.treadmill-desk.com/

#21     Jun 10, 2010
  2. Arnie

Arnie

This is what I do everyday at 5:45-6:45am.

Sometimes my arms are so sore, I can't lift them above my head :D

#22     Jun 10, 2010
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Smart move, Arnie! That way you can't throw your monitor across the room :D

#23     Jun 10, 2010
  4. Midas

Midas

I have a trek desk and log about 5 to 6 miles per day on it while trading.

http://www.trekdesk.com/

#24     Jun 10, 2010
  5. i used to know a guy who ran 6miles everyday. One day he was running and dropped dead, they opened him up and found out all his arteries were clogged.

much has to do with what you eat

#25     Jun 10, 2010
  6. Aside from resistance exercise such as weight training, which everyone should do, has anyone here tried burst training in place of conventional aerobics?

#26     Jun 10, 2010
  7. ssaya401

ssaya401

Yes and it is much more suited for someone who doesn't have a lot of time or ambition. Look up the tabada method, only takes 4 minutes a day and doesn't give that lasting soreness that deadlifts/squats give.

Don't do it if you are taking something that raises your heart rate like ephedrine or clen though.

#27     Jun 10, 2010
  8. My advice would be as follows:

Walking is great, I do a couple of hours a day but it's boring on your own, so buy an Alaskan Malamute and enjoy the company.

Why spend more than two hours a day in front of the screen? First two hours give you at least 2/3 nice set-ups. Walk away when you've made your cake.

Relax with meditation or alcohol.

Listen to relaxing trading music, not Linkin Park and breath deeply.

#28     Jun 10, 2010
  9. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Gabfly,

I am very, very familiar with the "Burst" Method,,, i am experienced. So sit at a table and eat and eat until your pants are ready to burst.

Very simple,

hahaha

thanks,

EF

#29     Jun 10, 2010
  10. I do my weight training in the conventional manner, but I switched several months ago from an aerobic 30 minutes on an inclined treadmill to burst on an inclined treadmill. The burst really takes the juice out of me and requires well less than half the time of an aerobic protocol. I've read that burst is "better" than conventional aerobic, but I don't know it for certain, what with the Internet being the Internet. However, I've been giving it a try, which is why I'm wondering how others here feel about it. There was another thread on the subject of burst training a while back, which originally caught my interest.

#30     Jun 10, 2010