Daytraders:watch your health

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MohdSalleh, Jun 9, 2010.

1. wave

wave

2. ssaya401

ssaya401

4 minutes of tabada burpees.. then 10 minutes on the floor wondering if you are going to die.

#12     Jun 9, 2010
  3. Unfortunately, this is normal. It comes with age.

#13     Jun 9, 2010
  4. #14     Jun 9, 2010
  5. drcha

drcha

For you walking types, you can get a lot more bang for your buck by walking only on hills. The very best thing is if you can park your vehicle near, or if you live near, the top of some big hills. You can get someone to drive you to the bottom of the hill, then walk up it, or, take a bus to the bottom of a big hill, then walk up to your vehicle. If you have a walking partner, you can put a vehicle at each end and walk up together. I live in a very hilly neighbornood and have about seven different walking routes, all of which include views, parks or yards with nice flowers. I also live near a hilly gated neighborhood, which I can enter without hassle by using a fire road; it which has gorgeous mansions and views of Mt. Rainier and the Cascades, as well as a nearby lake. A 45-60 minute walk is a lot of exercise in these places, and also fun. I'm totally equipped with rainproof gear, so other than the rare ice we get, I have no excuses not to go.

#15     Jun 9, 2010
  6. spd

spd

lol burpees are pretty hardcore, but like my coach says, "dont worry, you will pass out before you die". How many burpees can you do in 4 mins? Thats a good long while in burpeeland.

#16     Jun 9, 2010
  7. spd

spd

For those of you not as fortunate as drcha to live near the beathtaking Mt. Ranier, a treadmill with the incline on 15 at 4.3mph will get one helluva sweat going.

drcha, come down to Portland and hike up Multnomah Falls, its 1.25 miles of steep gorgeousness.

#17     Jun 9, 2010
  8. tortoise

tortoise

yeah, but wave, your price targets kill. that's got to be worth something

#18     Jun 9, 2010
  9. if you don't exercise then your blood/body gets old period. has nothing to do with looking at a computer for work. it matters what else you do.

#19     Jun 10, 2010
  10. I remember several years ago, while watching a cable business news channel "The Nurse" at the NYSE was retiring.. She had worked there for many (like 20+ as I recall) years and all the traders and reporters knew her. During the interview the nurse spoke about her years at the NYSE and recalled a few memorable occasions where her skills came to the aid of others. She also had a few statistics, the one stat that stuck with me was the heart attack rate. Another stat was the death rate!!

This is a Quote from the link below:
    Five heart attacks occur on the exchange floor in a typical year, and usually two of them are fatal, according to Dr. Ira Schulman, director of cardiology at N.Y.U. Downtown Hospital, formerly Beekman Downtown Hospital. When someone collapses, he said, ''I don't think they stop trading.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/02/b...-heart-attacks.html?pagewanted=1?pagewanted=1

After I watched that interview, I placed a blood pressure and heart rate monitor near my trading station. I knew my pulse quickened when I entered a trade but I never knew (factually) by how much it was a great exercise. That was maybe 6-10 years ago.

Today you can install a program on your computer and tie a wire to your finger with velcro and monitor all kinds of things all day.

Check this gizmo out:
    http://www.heartmathstore.com/?mtcSRCID=1690

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. ... Ben Franklin

<*)))><

#20     Jun 10, 2010