Daytraders / CNBC report

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by limitdown, May 2, 2002.

1. sammybea

sammybea

Thug, to Baron's defense, i doubt he would delete your post. There are a million negative things said about Bright, but i doubt he uses the censure police to delete every single one. He is pretty good about freedom to speak.. and post.

#11     May 3, 2002
  2. <i>i doubt he would delete your post.</i>

It happens over and over. Most of the time when you see that a thread has been closed, it has been heavily edited. Often zboy does it for him, but the end result is the same.

It is his site, and he is free to do as he pleases. But on the other hand, I am free to criticize it.

#12     May 3, 2002
  3. Poor thuggy. At this rate your post count will never get up over 300. :)

#13     May 3, 2002
  4. Tony01

Tony01

5. gotta love this Elite Trader.

hey, where can you go to talk about a bunch of guys/gals who watch TV all day long, and call themselves working, whilest they can choose how much they lose and hope to earn in a day/week/month/year.

Whattta country. Thanks guys for joining the discussion...

Thanks for the link on the report...

#15     May 3, 2002
  6. Not only that, we also have time to critique the CNBC commercials in another thread in the Trading forum!

If it wasn't for Elite Trader I think more of use would be as wired as that Dynergy "Please pass the potatoes, I think they're in Chicago" lady.

#16     May 3, 2002
  7. Im not sure how much other professional daytraders make...I have heard that #1 guy at Schonfeld made $20M (his take) 2 yeara ago. Schonfeld is big on overnight positions...and swing trading...so maybe that worked well 2..3..4 years ago. DOnt know how well he did last year. Further, I am willing to bet that traders who put millions of dollars at risk probably are "protected" somewhere...either by brokers or have some kind of order flow information. They are your typical daytrader - even if you're a professional trader. They most likely have lot more info than the rest of us.

Only thing I know for fact is that the top trader at Worldco made $2.5M (+ or - 200G) in 2000. Not sure how he did in 2001. I think that is about the maximum you can make as a daytrader without any "extra" information or special relationship with floor brokers than the rest of the world. By the way, he trades only listed stocks - no NASDAQ.

So that big number Nasser supposedly mentioned...$.15M....is very possible. No biggie though. I would have thought he made much more consdiering how well he is known. Whatever method he is using, Im sure its nothing new. After all, if you knew somethingt hat you could make money with, would you tell the rest of the world???? I wouldn't.

#17     May 3, 2002
  8. and thought it made sense to do so here. This bashing crap is getting old. Time to move on.

#18     May 3, 2002
  9. I gotta come onto this thread in support of Mr Nassar... yes he runs a business to make money (but so do we all, in our daytrading)... in and of itself, that should not be a reason to slam him... the bottom line is whether or not you can gain any insights from David Nassar... I certainly have from reading his books... any person's approaches and methodologies are, admittedly, an acquired taste, but I rate David Nassar up there with the likes of Tony Oz, Alan Farley, Vadym ("Threei") and Don Bright for useful insights... yes, each, of these individuals offers markedly different insights, but additional knowledge never hurts even if we don't personally implement it...

Without people providing us with material to digest and ponder upon, all of our learning curves would have been much tougher.... the more diverse insights that we are exposed to, the better, in my view...

#19     May 3, 2002