Daytraders are delusional of the real world?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Hard stops or "market stops," whatever you want to call it, a stop is a stop. I'm saying I don't think to myself while putting on a trade, "OK, this is my stop loss price," whether I actually place the stop loss order or not. The fish on this site will jump to the conclusion that I must sit on losers or average down.

#31     Mar 24, 2010
  2. candymr2

candymr2

Interesting, considering most trades now occur electronically, and there is no social interaction at all. Not to mention, j-com guy is the most reclusive trader i have ever seen!

Quit bashing successful traders, because you over-leveraged your account.

#32     Mar 24, 2010
  3. would be nice if it was definitely impossible because at least then id have an excuse for pissing away thousands of pounds! :(

Got killed today. 8 trades or so...all but one were losers!
    If i use tightish stops, the market stops me out and then pings in the expected direction.
    If i use a big stop, some 'out of the blue', freak move happens and the marker travels much more than usual so that it can hit my stop! lol.

Im at least remaining discipline with my stops, but my little account is down to its last legs. Dont know how i can be so unlucky....it can only go up or down!!

Ive had success before and made some money, but only when i've been willing to lose the account and trade without stops. Im trying to get away from that sort of trading because i know that at some point a relentless move will happen that wipes out the account, but since using stops, my account is shrinking every day :(

There's at least 5 or so traders here who appear to actually make consistent money from trading. (redink-inc, lescor etc)

#33     Mar 24, 2010
  4. :confused:

#34     Mar 24, 2010
  5. You either:

A. Drink the kool aid, and will blowup your account trading (generating commission meanwhile).

B. Are a commissions-hungry broker' shill

#35     Mar 24, 2010
  6. why?

#36     Mar 24, 2010
  7. You either:

A. Are a bitter worker bee.

B. Were dropped on your head as a child.

C. Lost all your dough day trading and blame others for your own actions.

D. All of the above.

#37     Mar 24, 2010
  8. I think Crgarcia blew a couple 5k accounts and blames his broker for his bad day trading

:eek:

:eek:

!
    !

#38     Mar 24, 2010
  9. #39     Mar 24, 2010
  10. All i hear is NO, NO, and more NO. How are you certain that there arn't ANY profitable consistent traders out there. And when I'm measuring consistency I'm talking about +5 years. Again where is your proof, other then coming up with this conclusion after you probably blew up your own account, other wise, why would you be on here constantly bashing day trading? You do realize this is a day trading community?

#40     Mar 30, 2010