Daytraders are delusional of the real world?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Mar 22, 2010.

1. We are magicians!

:D

#21     Mar 23, 2010
  2. buylo

buylo

QFE.

He is so profound though. All this just goads him into posting more. He has decided the world is against. Depressing to think about it.

#22     Mar 23, 2010
  3. Garcia is the boyfriend/girlfriend of one of the moderators...they take turns as both are confused:D

NiN

#23     Mar 23, 2010
  4. you never hear goldman sachs got stopped out in a fakeout. while tons of traders do.. i think goldman sachs doesnt use stops at all!

#24     Mar 23, 2010
  5. Daytrading index futures (ES), I don't trade with stops except occasionally for entries. Stop losses, very rarely; only when I have to step away from the computer while in a trade.

I know what all the books and educators say, so let the flaming begin.

#25     Mar 23, 2010
  6. l2tradr

l2tradr

If you have the discipline, you don't need them. If you've traded since you registered on this board and still have money to trade, you must have the discipline. :)

#26     Mar 23, 2010
  7. No argument from me...catastrophic stop, maybe....?

NiN

#27     Mar 24, 2010
  8. It isn't MANDATORY to have placed hard stops. But at some point, you have to "cry uncle" when it looks like your play is wrong... which can be done with hard stops or market stops when it's gone against you "far enough".

#28     Mar 24, 2010
  9. There are plenty of successful day traders, all be it very few on this site. Nevertheless, I traded with plenty of successful day traders, who grew their net worth and account to.graduate towards hedge fund status.

My advice to.you, stay in school or get a desk job.

#29     Mar 24, 2010
  10. I think day trading is for Institutions and not for Individuals.

#30     Mar 24, 2010