Daytraders a SERIOUS threat to our business

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Aug 1, 2007.

Will this hurt your business ?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. ...seems like the 'trading' equivalent of the guy at a rock concert holding up the ten foot sign telling us we are on a highway to hell.

#11     Aug 28, 2007
  2. Ah yes, AC/DC, one of my favorite songs, LOL.

Don

#12     Aug 28, 2007
  3. not day traders, most likely your firm is doing some dirty things, particularly those on-line firms, like Scottrade....

some trick: front-run, take your stop-loss, backfill, those criminal things always go unnoticed by so called technical problems. computer technicals are so advanced today, why they have this kind of problem? you figure it out. switch your firm immeadaitely, and say NO BUSINESS to them!

#13     Aug 28, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

Don,

Thanks for getting back to me :)

I actually solved the latency problems with some rerouting but today my complaint is the transparency of my orders to so many.

I'm just blowing off steam after a bad day and I'm sure I can adapt but it's like learning a whole new game now.

Have a great day.

#14     Aug 28, 2007
  5. I totally understand, bad days happen to the best of us.

Don

#15     Aug 28, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

It should be the financial rock anthem of our time. :(

#16     Aug 28, 2007
  7. No

We all in the stock market make it more efficient.

There's nothing worse than a market without liquidity, because when trends change you just can't get out fast enough, even if you correctly forecasted.

#17     Aug 28, 2007
  8. able to understand your frusttration

I once have the tech problems, those days sucks. like I want to short, but there is no share for me to short. or my DSL went dead at those critical times, and my large position is under attack, or my charts can not show up, I need call the firm to fix it, but the line is too busy, when I go through the line, those guys will ask a bunck of questions, then let me hang on there.... man, that sucks, when they finally fix it up, a nice trading trade is gone. luckily, I did not get those those days

#18     Aug 28, 2007