DaytraderDave's Trading Log

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DaytraderDave, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Man this is a dull market, NASDAQ has been in a 10 point range for most of the day, no much to trade out there. Seems like every time a chart pattern looks like a breakout, there isn't enough volume to make a huge move.

Played the BKX.X today, looked like it was breaking down a couple of times, and the stocks within the index looked weak, WFC, KEY, JPM, USB, NTRS, FITB, but no major breakdown. The BKX.X had a nice down trend, but broke the 21 MA on a five minute chart, got out of everything. Lets hope the market does something, cause the summer lull is coming.

#31     Apr 23, 2002
  2. Darkhouse, read the posts before you post. I didn't get filled on the other orders cause they were day orders and they canceled at the end of the day. Man it gets really old when people can't even read before they speak.

#32     Apr 23, 2002
  3. Correction: actually those figures on WCOM are from yesterday, opened at $4 w/ high of $4.09.

But that doesn't change any of the points in the post.

#33     Apr 23, 2002

4. LOL

not the ORDERS you abandoned genius, the STRATEGY.

you said the only reason you weren't keeping them in was because of gap risk, therefore logic says that with gap risk eliminated there's no reason not to resume previous operations.

you know what, nevermind. why am i wasting my time?

#34     Apr 23, 2002
  5. Heres a question for the board, did anyone trade WCOM based on my recommendation? Does anyone really think that my recommendation here on the WCOM trade moved the stock even a .01 cent? And who in there right mind would do 250,000 shares of WCOM overnight? This was a small position in my portfolio, even smaller loss, takes away some of my interest from my cash on hand for the month. I didn't post to move the stock up a penny, cause even if all our powers combined, we wouldn't be able to maintain any kind of price stability in the stock.

On another note, RTharp, whens the Seattle office due to open?

#35     Apr 23, 2002
  6. Good question. Maybe you should try trading, or posting one of your trades. Would enjoy that. And the strategy was in place, man. They were day orders. The pattern was to use the panic bottom of that day, not the panic bottom of the next day. I love it when people start getting personal, reminds me why I stopped posting here. Oh well. Markets dead, going to lunch.

#36     Apr 23, 2002

7. I'm the one who started getting personal? Check the above quote.

But, really, don't leave. I will.

#37     Apr 23, 2002
  8. Panic bottom? Not till Bernie is found panhandling outside the Elite Trader Tower.

#38     Apr 23, 2002
  9. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Are we on a Trading Board or in a Soap Opera chat room??? How about a post that actually contains substance and useful information.

#39     Apr 23, 2002
  10. BOTH!

"The Days of Our Trading Lives" on the ET network. This week's episode: "DaytraderDave's Baptism by Fire"

#40     Apr 23, 2002