daytrader loses it all.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Mar 14, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

aint that the truth....who needs $300.00 jeans and then gets into a car with rust on it...call me crazy but thats doing it backwards...

#41     Mar 14, 2007
  2. Fractal

Fractal

Am I the only one who thinks the way this story is written is suspicious? The drama and the words this trader speaks seem a little <i>too</i> sentimental to not be contrived. Not that I doubt this kind of thing happens all the time, of course.

If you've ever spent some time in Asia you know how these PSA-as-news pieces are more common than in Western media.

#42     Mar 14, 2007
  3. SarahG

SarahG

I wonder if the kid hangs out on elite trader and that is how he got the idea to trade.

#43     Mar 14, 2007
  4. Man that just hurts. No lovey, no kissy, on top of the rest..damn...

And he doesn't even get to trick out his Civic. But you can still dream...

http://tinyurl.com/2ccwp5

#44     Mar 14, 2007
  5. Did you not read the article? He got the idea from a friend during a study session.

#45     Mar 14, 2007
  6. This goes to show why day trading got such a bad rap!!! It is not for everyone and just because he made a few bucks on a few trades does not mean it is a profession for him.

He's got issues and hopefully this bath will teach him how to deal with them the proper way. Give him the number to Gambler's anonymous.

#46     Mar 14, 2007
  7. I got nuttin on this but ouch. I thought my $25,000 of tuition was a lot.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#47     Mar 14, 2007
  8. If you read enough about Soros' life you will know his account was wiped out more than once when he was young.

#48     Mar 14, 2007
  9. Lots of people who trade have encountered this I think ... the "going broke" trade turns up in a lot of the Wizard books.

Soros had the benefit of seeing survival skills at work in Hungary and he has talked about the sensation of losing a great deal of money in his personal trading while employed as a security analyst, before Quantum.

Somehow risk management only becomes part of your DNA after you've had a brush with financial death.

We're just not programmed to deal with risk dispassionately. Behaviourist will tell you human beings are risk loving on the downside and risk averse on the upside.

#49     Mar 14, 2007
  10. Have you read the whole thread? The same thought have occurred to me that they sure picked a good timing to publish this story.

#50     Mar 14, 2007