Daytrader lifestyle =boring

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, May 13, 2010.

1. I agree...:) Perhaps you can maximize your time being online.. what else do you enjoy doing?

#51     May 21, 2010
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Holy Crap! I can't believe you came up with so many not valid arguments in one post. Let me just address just the one about the vacation:

Smarter and more experienced traders know which season is their less profitable and they take their vacation at that time. Usually volatility dies down during the summer and it is also perfect to take a holiday, so what is the problem with that???

#52     May 21, 2010
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Obviously you've not experienced the benefits of being successful at trading. Freedom is one benefit. And today I made a commitment to provide some college funding to 2 inner city poor 5th grade students I've mentored and tutored the past 3 years. A conventional job would have never allowed me to be at their school at 2:30 each day. Trading did.

Whether you're a failed trader or never attempted it you speak of something you know nothing about. How many people do you know who can take their laptop out to their porch - trade a few hours - knock off and go do something they enjoy (like volunteering) and feel elated at the end of the day?

#53     May 21, 2010
  4. jd7419

jd7419

chipmunk

08-05-08 07:12 AM

Hi,

I am day trading stocks and doing very well. thank you

But I to would love to manage a relatively small sum of O.P.M.

I want to do everything legit and giv ethe customer as much peace of mind as possible.

So how do I obtain real audited results that actually mean something?

I see there is a clause about setting up a Hedge fund in that if you trade for less than 15 people you do not have to register? Or is it $400,000?

I am thinking of trying to get upto $1million. As long as I am open and honest about how I do it and I will continue to try and do it....there's no problem right? There's so much "red tape" these days I am sure I will run into some kind of problem.

#54     May 22, 2010
  5. bat1

bat1

So who is the failed trader now?

#55     May 22, 2010
  6. Ironic as it sounds... when your trading/investing activities get boring... THAT'S when you know things are working out.

#56     May 26, 2010
  7. I listen to Pandora.com, using different types of music to wake me up or ease a little. I would also take the time to study and develope a trading plan. It should include market trend, having diversification in your portfolio of trades, practice using stops-pivots, off the 15 min, or major support and resistance. Spend some time calculating risk measurments as well. Good luck trading and Welcome back.

#57     May 27, 2010
  8. Die.

You've clearly never met a successful daytrader. I love how people talk about how much the daytrading CAREER sucks as if going to their 9-to-5 JOB that they hate is anywhere near comparable to successful trading.

Also I love how people that primarily swing-trade (only talking about full-timers now...in other words..professionals) speak so condescendingly towards daytraders as well. I personally couldn't care less how the next guy makes his money in the markets so long as he isn't cheating me out of my own.

#58     May 27, 2010
  9. Yep. You can just feel the animosity.

#59     May 27, 2010
  10. There is a saying - Be careful what you wish for.

Best,
    Max

#60     May 27, 2010