Daytrader lifestyle =boring

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, May 13, 2010.

1. Illum

Illum

Boring as hell. Lonely. What can you do? Post on here, is one of my solutions. What is bad for me, I never stop. The market closes and I'm reading more and more. Looking at after hours charts etc. 8am to 1 am. I try to make it to the gym some days, and stay outside all weekend. I had to take a break a few months back, having eye twitches, no sleep. It must be different for you, you got a well deserved check coming in every month. This is do or die, and I'm alone.. I still love it, but I haven't found a way to cope with it yet, just keep grinding.

#21     May 14, 2010
  2. TRS

TRS

You hit it. Large percentage traders trade for excitement. Trading should be enjoyable, with excitement appreciated via other pursuits.

#22     May 14, 2010
  3. Do something that excites you after trading.

Or simply do something would excite you when trading if still can manage the trade....

#23     May 14, 2010
  4. Add to the boredom the frequent losses.

Daytraders are losers.

#24     May 14, 2010
  5. businessstaxes

businessstaxes Guest

your not making fast big easy money that is why it is boring. and you know what i mean.

making big money is never boring.

#25     May 14, 2010
    Amir_Ardt likes this.
  6. bat1

bat1

Just how do you make the big money

explain please :D

#26     May 15, 2010
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Just because you apparently failed doesn't mean everyone else did. Your constant mindless drivel got old a long time ago. I've traded as my sole source of income since 1996, and whereas I don't make $500K a year I do pretty well and live a comfortable lifestyle. And I take 2 or 3 late afternoons off each week to work with kids in a school. Your negative attitude towards trading likely contributed to your failure. Those who believe they can succeed and who work hard and persevere oftentimes do.

And for those who think trading is boring - I don't get it. Trading offers the ultimate as far as freedom. If you're bored go for a run or a bike ride. Go run errands. Go do some yard work. Go volunteer at a school or non-profit. What other job can you take off an hour (or more) and come back later on in the day and pick up where you left off?

#27     May 15, 2010
  8. R1234

R1234

Start trading OPM. Clients always want to talk/ ask questions. Also Sometimes you get fresh ideas talking to various people.

#28     May 15, 2010
  9. I've been a trader for almost 18 years and a daytrader for 11. I find trading boring. Very boring. However, I do agree with you that trading provides freedom that you can't get with any other job that I know of. This past summer, while my kids were out of school, I took six week off just because I felt like it. To me, it's a tradeoff. I trade a few boring hours each day for a lot of freedom and control that I can't get with any other way of making a living.

#29     May 15, 2010
  10. I agree for the most part. The actual act of trading should be boring to the extent that it shouldn't be edge of your seat exhilarating....at least not for me---except for the times when there is volatility that can't be avoided. I find trading to be engaging. Engaging, for me, doesn't equal exciting and it certainly doesn't equal boring. But there are times of boredom when I don't have any signals to act. Those moments of boredom are probably more enjoyable than the entire days of boredom that most people endure while working in jobs that they dread.

#30     May 15, 2010