daytrade with less than $25000?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by paul_alan, May 24, 2007.

1. bottom line, just go w/ one of the prop firms. a ton discussed here on the prop firms forum. most will let u start out w/ 5k deposit and give u 20:1 leverage w/ 100% payout.

#21     May 24, 2007
  2. jolor

jolor

Is there any of these prop firms in uk?

#22     May 24, 2007
  3. I just downloaded their cyberpro software to demo. Much more like it.

#23     May 24, 2007
  4. Accumulating 25K shoudnt be that hard if your a serious trader...

#24     May 24, 2007
  5. But im not a trader yet. Not really. Basically I have found that I can make between 50-100c everday (on a demo) trading stocks. I cant do it trading forex or futures. I have traded on and off in the past few years with real money but always futures or forex, and I dont mind telling you that I was an overall loser.

It would take me a long time to save up the required money hence my initial post. Either way, I may have foind something in Questrade.

#25     May 24, 2007
  6. saico

saico

Could you please name some of these prop firms please? I know of Tuco (10K initial deposit) and SMB Capital. Both even dont require a license. Btw. they should offer remote trading.

Best regards
    Saico

#26     May 24, 2007
  7. At Terra nova, you can day trade with under 25k, but you can only trade up to your account value.

#27     May 24, 2007
  8. So, at the moment Im thinking about opening an account with questrade. I am from the UK and used to CFD type trading so I wonder If you can help me clear some stuff up.

Commissions say: $4.95 - 1c per share, minimum $4.95 per trade.
    So, if I buy 100shares of ABC and then close them do I pay $4.95 in commisions? or do I pay $2?

Earlier on the demo when i tried to close a 100share trade it done it in two parts. closed 50shares and then closed another 50 shares a split second later. The platform said that that particaular trade was '3 executions' - Does that mean that i'd pay even more in commissions?

Since downloading the cybertrade platform a few hours ago I have made another 55c (although going through the maths I would possibly be down on the day due to commissions)

#28     May 24, 2007
  9. Babak

Babak

#29     May 24, 2007
  10. I'll take a look at terra nova too but at the moment questrade is looking quite appealing (except the commisions)

Anyone answer my above questions?

thx

#30     May 25, 2007