daytrade with less than $25000?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by paul_alan, May 24, 2007.

1. Ah. So the problem is within the UK brokerages. Interesting.

Osorico

#11     May 24, 2007
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Sure you can, learn to daytrade dia, spy or qqqq then apply the same signals to ym, es, or nq.

#12     May 24, 2007
  3. ssss

ssss

I really want to daytrade stocks but dont have anywhere near the 25k required.

Try to disscus with www.questrade.com Canada

#13     May 24, 2007
  4. jazzsax

jazzsax

Be aware though that if you're going to daytrade US stocks through Questrade, make sure you open a US Dollar account to avoid all of the spread fees on currencies. If you trade US stocks from a CDN funded account, you'll get hit with a spreaf of 2.5% between the two sides of the trade. Can really add up...

Other than that, they clear through Penson. I've had no problems getting fast fills since the start.

#14     May 24, 2007
  5. demoing their online platform now. Can't say that I like it in fairness. Only one trade so far. Bought NTAP at 33.04. currently up around 60c.

#15     May 24, 2007
  6. what does that 'net amount' mean? I assume I bought 100 shares? (I typed in 100 in the 'quantity' column before buying)

I couldn't seem to find a running profit/loss amount whilst I was in my trade.

#16     May 24, 2007
  7. You can go with a prop firm that has good rates. You can get something like .005 in some cases.

#17     May 24, 2007
  8. opened a new trade as an experiment. 100 shares. Price hasn't moved but it's saying my p/l on this trade is -$29.50. What's that about.

not a bad exit on that NTAP trade.

#18     May 24, 2007
  9. jazzsax

jazzsax

questrade's webtrader platform is not robust..... it simply shows you the net p/l based on the previous days closing price.

You might want to look at their Axis product for more active traders, or cybertrader pro. those should have real time p/l calculations.

#19     May 24, 2007
  10. up 50 odd cents overall.

Yeah, i'll try their other platforms. Are they free?

edit: How do you post a pic without it being a link?

#20     May 24, 2007