DayTrade Signals with Harris Tech

Discussion in 'Journals' started by harris_tech, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone....

I am initiating this thread again after receiving a great applause few months back when I first started my thread on ET.

I will be posting my daytrade signals for the markets of ES, NQ, Russell, EuroFx, 30yr Bonds and 10yrNotes, sometimes BP and Japnese Yen, and crude oil too.

My daily goals for this thread would be making 200-300 dollars a day per 1 contract.

Those who want to follow my signals can do so, and those who just want to watch my trades for the direction purposes would also find it helpful.

I will start posting my signals in few days. Will keep everyone posted.

Cheers

:D :D

2. On what are you basing these signals???

3. I understand that alll the members of ET who read this thread should know about the following terms and conditions.

Harris_tech is not aregistered investment advisor or broker-dealer and does not purport to tell or suggest which markets should be traded and which one should buy or sell . Members should always check with their licensed financial advisor and their tax advisor to determine the suitability of any investment.

It should not be assumed that the signals, methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these thread will be profitable or that they will not result in losses. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. Examples presented on this thread is for educational purposes only. These set-ups are not solicitations of any order to buy or sell. The author, the publisher, and all affiliates assume no responsibility for your trading results. There is a high degree of risk in trading.

HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN INHERENT LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT ACTUALLY BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER- OR OVER-COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

4. Hi Guys,

I trade Emini Russel, Nasdaq, DOW, EuroFx, 30 yr Bonds and 10 ys Notes sometimes crude oil, BP and Japnese yen too. My goal is to make atleast $200-300 per cts from it with 4-6 trades a day. The method I am using is quite simple to follow and u get ample of time to enter a trade, so you always will be having your limit orders sitting b4 prices hit, and then even before u enter a trade, you would know what your stop and target level would be. So for example, if trading EuroFx, I wont risk more then 10 ticks on that from my entry and my targets would be anywhere from 10-20 ticks. With a winning %age of 70% approximalty, one can make a fortune trading future markets.

I will be posting few more posts to get everyone started and have the feel for what I do before I actually start.

5. I daytrade Emini Russel, Nasqaq, Dow, 10 yr notes, 30yr bonds, EuroFx sometimes Crude oil and few other futures. In addition to that I swing trade at times too. Mostly daytrading with a lil bit of swing trading and thats all about it. Unfortunately i only have 2 set of eyes and a pair of arms

As we are talking about daytrading purely here, I prefer markets with high ranges, and trends real good with loads of pullbacks (think everyone looks for that kind of qualities anyway). Therefore, Russel, 30Yr Bonds, 10 yr note, EuroFx and ES makes up my key arsenal for day trading. I sometimes trade Dow and NQ and few other futures but thats only when my trading plan says that they are moving. Mostly both of them are dull markets and I avoid them unless i see something really good.

What to expect :

(Russel, 30Yr Bonds, 10 yr note, EuroFx/BP/JY and ES )

1- Around 4-6 trades on average daily for every fast paced markets (Russel, bonds, notes EuroFx etc).
    2- Risking not more then $100 for every contract traded per trade on all the markets(most of the time its $70-80).
    3- On average targets of $100-200 for every contract traded per trade. For dax its different
    4- If I am a good trader, I want to take home around $200 per contract atleast, so you can say thats my daily goal. Now I am not going to tell u how many contracts i trade, but i hope u gona get the idea.
    5- So on average (based on my last 6 month statements), I am doing 10-15 Russel points a week or more or 100-200 EuroFx ticks and likewise.
    6- last but not least, u should always expect and prepare, that, U are going to have many losing days and you are going to lose in any given trade. That’s very important. New traders fail to realize that. For them, Physiologically, trading should be ALL WIN situation. We all know its not
    7- With 70-75% of winning rate, we definitely gonna make some money here

Little about my approach:

I have invested around 0.5 million on the bogus crap, trying new things, building new strategies, losing in markets, and everything u call as stupid to learn what I have now. It may seems, luck has been hard on me, I have seen in my life some nitemaring sort of situation, going from homeless to even begging for money from friends and relatives, but, it just goes like, Higher the risk Higher are the returns too! My life has always been like that, and the position I am right now at, is not because its a miracle, its just that only I and just I have made it happen. The only miracle maybe in it was 'I was consistent' in making it happen.

So anyway, I am a trend follower, I never ever counter trend the trade. I also believe in Fib levels to some extent and they are the part of my system. I am a firm believer of market price action and i think that the only way for making consistent money is to follow the price action. To follow what BIG BUDDIES are doing, and run along with them. I dont want any fancy indicators, I dont want all the bla di blasss, all i want is a price on my chart to see a trend and follow the elephants!

Thats all i do, and thats my trading secret, the ONLy if any!
    :)

6. Is this where you post a few winners then decide you want take things off board to a subscription chat room?

7. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to your posts

8. harris,

Could you post a link to your earlier journal? As I recall, you did very well with it, then left to run a chat room or something, or am I confusing you with someone else?

9. HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN INHERENT LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING.

so are you trading all of these signals with your own real money or are we supposed to be impressed with paper trading?

10. Trent

Trent

Lol

I actually visited the guys chatroom the last time he was fishing for customers here and also gave him an email address. Since then I have reveiced almost 20 emails from him, most of them essentially pushing his "services". Maybe I should post some excerpts?

Well lets have a small excerpt:

"Again an extra ordinary day today. Money was all over.
    Like i said before I have another extensive session planned for this weekend in which we will go through all the details.

Those who are still interested in quick signup still can, otherwise, It would be hard for me to entertain anyone later on."

And yes, there was a fee for the "quick signup".

Trent

#10     Oct 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.