Days I hate..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Leob, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Leob

Leob

I have clear bias for the day and the market moves weak ugly and slowly against my bias.
    I found my self struggle in days with "cler bias"
    and in the end of the day.. BOOM the market agree with my bias.
    No clear bias is a solution?

2. Millionaire

Millionaire

Treat each day the same.
    It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong.
    Make a lot of money or break even or lose money.
    The only constant is each day has the same discipline rules as every other day, in that you stick to your trading rules and never lose more than your loss limit for the day.

damnpenguins, timtrader and Leob like this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

Hey Leob,
    To follow Millionaire's tip, discipline, requires rules.
    That is the basis of consistent discipline, cleaving to a set of rules...
    [ def. discipline, (the non-Epstein island kind, lol)
    b : orderly or prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior
    5 : a rule or system of rules governing conduct or activity

...so to maintain discipline the easy way, then a trading plan with tested setups and triggers well defined and written down will serve in that with that you can start an error log where you track over the weeks and months the Concrete Transgressions against your written 'rules'. This is different than, "Boy I shoulda bought bitcoin at $6.

Now, if you trade along the lines of the great majority of traders that have a pretty good idea of what they're trying to do, then there are fewer hard edges and a great amount or what-if, and why didn't I, and Oh Shit!, etc. Plenty of artistic, intuitional traders do just fine I bet.

If that's the way you intend to trade, then they can be a better guide for those methods.

If you want to try using a written plan, a recipe for trading your setups, then have a look around in here, and pay special attention to the specific post that this links to. There are lots of great posts that ETers have dropped by and shared here.

What would you say belongs in a solid trading plan?
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...solid-trading-plan.340340/page-4#post-5031706
    b : orderly or prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior
    5 : a rule or system of rules governing conduct or activity

4. Leob

Leob

I have referenced to this link in other thread of me.
    ( By you?) I guess I'm must insist on derailed rules.
    Thanks

5. easymon1

easymon1

What are derailed rules?

Hey, there's more than one way to skin a cat.
    Go with what resonates with you and gets you an upward sloping equity curve.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    ValeryN likes this.
  6. volpri

volpri

Why would I want to trade each day the same? Some days are volatile. Some grinding. Some spike and channel. Some TR days. I use different techniques for different PA’s.
    IMO it does indeed matter if one is right or wrong. Wrong NEVER makes money but ALWAYS loses money.

7. Hello volpri,

You right man, gotta be ready for whatever the market throws you when you starring at that chart. conditions change, and if you want some money, gotta change with it.

Leob likes this.
  8. Leob

Leob

It's take time to accept this concept i believe..

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. I saw this post and now I am curious as to what bias you had for today? And why you had that bias?

Leob likes this.
  10. Leob

Leob

I believe you understand very well.

#10     Dec 9, 2021