Daylight saving time problem

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NanoTick, Mar 11, 2007.

1. chartie

chartie

Run this update first then other updates *should* work.

#31     Mar 11, 2007
  2. Opra

Opra

I went to msft's site twice to update (maybe overdid it?) and both time it went through without getting any notices or messages. Mine is xp home and had been running on sp1 until last weekend when I upgraded to sp2, which is mandatory for DSt patch. Just frustrating.

#32     Mar 11, 2007
  3. Opra

Opra

Will give it a try. Thanks very much.

#33     Mar 11, 2007
  4. Opra

Opra

I called an IT friend who told me the Windows xp update number to install to adjust for new DST.

The Windows update number is KB931836

If you still have DST issue (not adjusting for new schedule after following update procedures on msft's site), do a search for the above on microsoft.com and you will find it.

As someone said, your OS has to pass validation before you are alloowed to download.

I fixed my headache after installing it and tradestation is working as before (right session time for my time zone).

Thanks for all.

#34     Mar 11, 2007
  5. If you were still on SP1, you must still be running updates as we speak.. You are about two years behind in your patches !

#35     Mar 11, 2007
  6. Opra

Opra

Guilty as charged. I am in "don't-fix-if-ain't-broke" camp and try to keep it to the minimum on this pc which is dedicated to trading apps. I brought it up to sp2 last weekend, as I said, for new DST. Hope now it's up to day and will keep it as it is for a long time as long as it works problem free.

#36     Mar 11, 2007
  7. Atlantic

Atlantic

then why did they change it at all?

just curious (i do not live in the usa).

#37     Mar 12, 2007
  8. There are 2 advantages with the new schedule over the old one.

1. kids get the march break holiday to adjust for school

2. kids get Halloween within DST before drivers have to adjust to the new time

that is what I heard :)

#38     Mar 12, 2007
  9. Well my windows is correct, but my Sierra Charts, no. :(

#39     Mar 12, 2007