Daylight saving time problem

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NanoTick, Mar 11, 2007.

1. ak15

ak15

My clock has updated correctly but the clock in my trading software has not. Maybe they'll do it on monday.

#21     Mar 11, 2007
  2. I pray this is true - I want to rip out the tounge of the person who came up with this 'great' idea :mad:

#22     Mar 11, 2007
  3. May I ask why US government wishes to make such a DST change?

Would it be better if the whole concept of DST is abandoned completely? No DST forever - what do you think?

#23     Mar 11, 2007
  4. DST has been in use across the whole world.

The issue is that one country's DST schedule is never the same as another country. For US, it is even more interesting because some states actually elected to have their own time zone rules.

e.g. Germany has a completely different DST schedule comparing to US, no matter before or after 2007.

e.g. some countries elect their DST dates every year and sometimes you get no DST at all if the government at the time choose to do so :)

Sticking to a DST schedule for 30 years, US has been a pretty consistent country in terms of considering the inconvenience of their citizens :)

#24     Mar 11, 2007
  5. #25     Mar 11, 2007
  6. rdg

rdg

i think someone already mentioned it, but i'll reitterate. on one of my xp pro boxes, after the update, it deselected the 'automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes' setting. double click the clock, select the time zone tab, and check that box at the bottom. after that the time was ok. i went through the same thing this morning uninstalling and reinstalling updates and all until i noticed that.

#26     Mar 11, 2007
  7. 2ticks

2ticks

#28     Mar 11, 2007
  8. Opra

Opra

Mine is legit, and it's on OEM's two CD's, which I used last October to reformat my PC and reinstall OS. I don't remember is I registered it though.

#29     Mar 11, 2007
  9. tdubnik

tdubnik

Most likely, this is not your problem. If it fails to update you will get a notice that the update failed. It does not state that you are running an illegal copy of Windows if this occurs, however.

#30     Mar 11, 2007