Daylight saving time problem

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NanoTick, Mar 11, 2007.

1. tdubnik

tdubnik

I updated 3 home computers with the MS patches and 2 worked with no hitch. The third one didn't update for some reason. I began investigating and found that the third one was not set to automatically adjust for DST. Once I checked the automatic update everything worked on the last computer.

#11     Mar 11, 2007
  2. Please, where did you get the patch?

#12     Mar 11, 2007
  3. Apparently DST is adjusted on the loacal computer. So in windows somewhere it has the change date, and my computer still think it's April 1. This whole thing is just crap. [/QUOTE]

Double click the clock in the tray, select time zones, uncheck daylight savings box.

#13     Mar 11, 2007
  4. tdubnik

tdubnik

#14     Mar 11, 2007
  5. I use Atomic Clock Sync, free at one time, it either it or windows did their job and updated.

#15     Mar 11, 2007
  6. Opra

Opra

That's where I got the update last week. Well, one pc didn't automatically adjust last night. So I rebooted, no change. Downloaded updates again, no change. Uncheck automatically switch to DST, then reboot, no change. Now manually changed clock time, so I don't even know what what happen tomorrow in mkt hours. Guess I can adjust to 8:30-3:00 session as if I moved to central zone, but what else will be in store?

#16     Mar 11, 2007
  7. I use Atomic Clock Sync as well. It did not update for DST for me.

#17     Mar 11, 2007
  8. Surdo

Surdo

It has nothing to do with the Atomic Clock!
    The Atomic clock is in Colorado.

Your local machine did not move ahead an hour, you people just do not get it.

Your operating system was PRE PROGRAMMED to change April 1st!

#18     Mar 11, 2007
  9. Do you have it set ping now and auto synch daily? I am running XP home, maybe some of you are running Vista?

#19     Mar 11, 2007
  10. tdubnik

tdubnik

One thing that could affect some people is that a legitimate copy of Windows must be on your computer. These updates check to make sure that your copy is licensed and registered. If your copy does not validate, your software will not be updated.

Im not sure who this applies to but thought I would mention it.

#20     Mar 11, 2007