Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout, by Toby Crabel

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NYCFinest, Dec 1, 2007.

1. What's the big deal about this book?

Wikipedia states that it can be found on eBay for upwards of $1,000 a copy. I searched and yeah, it's not cheap!

So what's so great about this book? I actually have it in e-book version.

I mean it's written in 1990, before the boom of the 90s and the crash of 2000, is the information in the book still relevant? What makes it worth over $700?

Or is it a collectors item?

2. gaj

gaj

a little of both.

it's a very dry book. much of it consists of charts and data which show that when ABC market gaps up X%, how the rest of the day plays out.

i believe the most important thing to come out of it when it was published was the NR7 days...

i've heard unofficial rumors that there was republication demand, but quashed by the author.

it's not impossible to find online...

3. Its's worth more than the $1000 that it goes for.

4. Why?

5. henry76

henry76

i've got one and i also phoned toby crabel at the time ( i don't think he had the reputation he has now, his publisher gave me his number)to ask if he'd written anything else ( i think he said he did a newsletter but was now defunct ), we discussed mkts a little , at the time his strategies worked pretty well on fx , as you would expect he was very pleasant and was kind enough to say he didn't mind me phoning him .( atleast thats the way i remember it )

6. Check Mark Brown's review of the book