Day Trading Tokyo Stock Exchange

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ron23, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Not targeting retail to my knowledge. Nomura PB comes to mind they have a very good lending book and even onboard individual investors/career traders, its all "just" a function of capital you are willing to bring on board.

#41     Feb 23, 2015
  2. luisHK

luisHK

Volpunter, i met with Newedge and AbnAmro last week and might join Newedge (if it works out, not guaranteed), do you know who's taking traders with similar minimum requirements as Newedge Professional Traders Group with offices in Asia - and preferably a server in HK/China ? Instinet belongs to Nomura from memory and seems to have significantly higher minimum. Does Nomura has more apropriate branch I might adress ?
    Also I heard that Marex is getting significantly bigger in Asia, do you know if they are competitive for international equities and vanilla options ?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    #42     Feb 23, 2015
  3. You might want to contact Nissan Century and see what their terms would be for an individual investor.
    http://www.nc-sec.co.jp/english/

#43     Feb 23, 2015
  4. luisHK

luisHK

I called Marex HK today and it appears they don't offer single stocks, except stock futures

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    #44     Feb 23, 2015
  5. nvroy

nvroy

#45     Feb 23, 2015
  6. luisHK

luisHK

I don't need financing beyond portfolio margin so doubt prop would bring anything.
    Need a reputed firm as well , with a well honed platform- preferably with less issues that tws has

#46     Feb 23, 2015
  7. Do you think they really offer access to Japanese equity? That capability seems to be out of their reach.

#47     Feb 24, 2015
  8. nvroy

nvroy

The last time I checked they do offer Japan, HK, Spore, Msia equities day trading, was rather surprised they told me it was possible to short Msia stocks which is illegal in that exchange. They partnered with other local brokers, for Msia it's JPM so it's reasonable they have access to these markets, fees are high though.

#48     Feb 24, 2015
  9. i would be very surprised if they really offer me access to Japanese equities at competitive pricing, on both long and short sides.

#49     Feb 24, 2015
  10. d08

d08

Their whole web presence looks suspicious to say the least, I'd hesitate giving my funds to them.

I like their concept, IB supposedly can "trade the world" but somewhat high commissions and sad shares-to-borrow lists don't really allow for this.

Thanks, I think I won't get anything even in the IB ballpark commissions though.

#50     Feb 24, 2015