Day Trading Tokyo Stock Exchange

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ron23, Jun 14, 2011.

1. def

def Sponsor

Thanks - another old link which should be deleted. Now if they can make some reductions on trading rights fees per month, access fees (placement, modification and cancel of orders), and market data redistribution costs, they might have a shot a becoming competitive.

#21     Jun 20, 2011
  2. to take 8 sec to complete an order seems to be quite unusual indeed. perhaps that happened during a hectic session and was uncharacteristic.

normally, it would only take under 3 sec for my brokerage to complete a live order. well, i am not here to tout signal providers nor any brokerage companies.

sincerely hope your live order would take no more than 3 sec to complete either. there are several brokerage companies who would almost under normal trading session guarantee that a live transaction would not take more than 3 sec.... as i recalled what i was assured at the time that i was searching and interviewing for my brokerage representative. if anyone has a faster completion time than 3 sec, pls do let me know too. cheers.

#22     Jun 20, 2011
  3. ron23

ron23

guys, thanks for your help,

much appreciated!

#23     Jun 20, 2011
  4. def

def Sponsor

Learner is quite in tune with what is going on in Japan. You'll also note that my comment above said that was old and needed to be deleted. Without a need (or desire) to go into details, suffice it to say that the previous version of the TSE system was a dinosaur and during active times delayed reporting of fills was the norm at the exchange. The exchange has since upgraded their systems and execution times and speed are fine. The measure of time orders and executions are both rec'd and sent to the exchange is now milliseconds. The note you refer to will be removed from our site as it is no longer applicable.

#24     Jun 20, 2011
  5. FYI orders to the TSE used to take 3 to 4 seconds on normal days and longer during heavy trading times. In January of this year TSE installed an up-to-date computer system that can process a zillion orders a second. And they will double the capacity early next year. So now some of the brokers here will guarantee an under 1 second time for an order, and should it take longer, no commission will be charged.
    And as I mentioned, my orders through IB to TSE are done in well under 1 second. My best guess would be between 0.2 and 0.3.
    If that time satisfies you, you can rest at ease.

#25     Jun 20, 2011
  6. i gathered from your post that you are someway and somehow associated with the brokerage firm in japan or other country, which is very well indeed that we have an authority on board here at et.

am honored.

#26     Jun 20, 2011
  7. let's revive this tread. Which broker do you recommend using for Japanese stocks? deep-discount. I found that IB does not have a lot of shortable stocks in Japan, some that are less commonly held. SBI and Matsui should have the best short inventory but I have to trade using a Hong Kong corporation.

#27     Feb 19, 2015
  8. You said that you have to use a H.K. corporation. As I remember, in another thread you said you had an address in Japan, without which you couldn't open an account with a local broker.
    Sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else.

#28     Feb 19, 2015
  9. yes, I have a Japanese address. But I am planning to have some money ($500k) pooled from friends (japanese and chinese). The money will be put into a company in a tax-neutral jurisdiction (now thinking Belize instead of HK), which will be the "fund" to open a broker account.

#29     Feb 20, 2015
  10. So you would use your Japan address with a Japanese broker even though the fund is not in Japan?

This is a list of the stocks you could day trade (short) with Matsui. Kabu.com has over 2000.

http://www.matsui.co.jp/service/d_margin/d_margin_list.csv

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    #30     Feb 20, 2015