Day Trading Thoughts For Thurs. Jan. 8

Discussion in 'Trading' started by erikrkolodny, Jan 8, 2009.

1. erikrkolodny

erikrkolodny ET Sponsor

This is correct as is what Sakaba says. There is often-times a pop on what Cramer says in the next day's trading. If it is a bad market, there are often good shorts (witness what JNJ and FDO did early today after trading higher). I am not looking to hold his picks...but there is mone yt obe made trading his stuff in the immediate-term.

#11     Jan 8, 2009
  2. erikrkolodny

erikrkolodny ET Sponsor

Stoney- I absolutely appreciate what you did. I thought I was clear...sorry if I wasn't.

I wasn't talking back per se; rather, I have a darn near OCD compulsion (within reason) to respond/clarify whenever anybody makes requests of me. You have to udnerstand- right now, I am working full, full-time, have hada daughter hospitalized in the last week, and my father-in-law's in the hospital too. So, I am doing my best, but cannot provide excrutiating detail every time as my focus when not in the office is on my family.

I don't actually watch "Mad Money" although I did before I had kids and actually did very well off of the show. For instance, he once recommended Steven Madden (SHOO), but viewers began bidding up shares of Shoe Pavillion (SHOE) a stock that does not exist anymore except on the pink sheets under SHOEQ at .002 cents a share. I shorted the thing when it was up something like 15% and made a week's pay in five minutes. Now, I simply get the summary off of the webpage of TheStreet.Com. But, they can make fo good trades the next day (as JNJ indeed did today when its entire up-move evaporated).

Nope, I am not a stoner. The long-windedness is simply attention to detail. I want to be as clear as possible whenever I respond to anything.

I will do what I can for follow-up as far as ideas go. And I am not worming out here with that response; it is just that I really really really have my hands full right now. I want to max out my time with my kids at night before they go to sleep and my wife needs me right now so my priority is to be there for them when not in the office before I do my late-night research.

What made you stop doing the newsletter? Are there any old copies floating around the Internet?

SQNM- will watch it...just like you checked up on me, I gotta do the same for you...it is already up almost a point so nice job...and I know it's not too late based on what you're saying, but will observe this first time.

Take care,
    Erik

#12     Jan 8, 2009
  3. BTU was the easy money guys. Erik,another wonderful post.

#13     Jan 8, 2009
  4. Trader 2000 how bout some stoney love?

SQNM gave you $1.40 today clean. And $1 if you were slow. and that was the ONE STOCK I said to buy... seeing through the weeds...

as always ~ stoney

#14     Jan 8, 2009
  5. stoney,
    check out my PRE-MARKET post this morning. i practically outlined what BTU was going to do and where it was going to go.
    its in the stock forum.

#15     Jan 8, 2009