Day Trading....The Truth

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by WrinkleRemover, Aug 8, 2007.

1. So stick to your ignorant & uninformed opinion. You have very little experience in both worlds. And your Clinton example is laughable, considering his bloodline had his path pretty much determined.
    Maybe you should check up on some of the popular new tech names over the past decade or so and how they were started. Individuals got sick of big company BS and ventured out on their own to truly allow their work & ideas flourish.

#21     Aug 13, 2007
  2. Paulds11
    I really can't be bothered to take offense at all the name calling.
    Regardless of how intelligent you may or may not be, your written presentation is extremely poor and thus quite irritating to read and hard to understand. In your earlier post, what I read was an incoherent ramble, full of falsehoods and numerous contradictions.
    Here is one of many
    "Dude.. I should charge you for this..." -what happened to your first rule of trading?

I called you a sheep, and that is because I think that all of this "self help", Anthony Robbins, prism, mindset -it's all bullshit. I can't believe any successful traders would endorse this rubbish.
    I had the "pleasure" of trading along side one of these NLP practioners and all he could say was how "fucking shit" the market was everyday -how's that for positive thinking? As for you Paulds11, why do you voice such negative, flippant and insulting outbursts?

If a person needs the crutch of the self help industry, if you are not able to find the answers within your self, then I really can't see how you have any chance of success in the trading industry.

#22     Aug 14, 2007
  3. No name calling here...
    OK your entitled to your opinion, (and spelling mistakes).

What I think may be of interest to you are two books..

MARKET WIZARDS & NEW MARKET WIZARDS

written by Jack D Shwager.

These books are interviews with the some of the best Traders in the world and will show you how the mind and their apporach to Trading is probably the single most important factor they all share... (hope that was good enough English for you)

To reply to your comments in a way I believe you will grasp.. answer yourself the following questions...

If you ask a Doctor to comment on the Markets what reply would you really expect? a positive one?

If I ask you to focus on the colour blue and you cannot see red or green thats your mindset and focus working for you.. can you see other colours .. other patterns in many subject areas you engage with through the day..? Do you have the mental discipline to examine all sides of the box.. in turn... methodically in whatever the subject?

If I ask you to change your approach to trading in the market and you cant see any benefit in it (assuming I was extremely good at it) then thats a focus and choice issue for you... does that make my point of view wrong?

NLP works more often than it doesn't its a science not an art. it is accepted and proven, Are you saying your experience with one or two NLP guys (and their are many crap ones who are coaches NOT academics) mean in more general terms its really rubbish? A.Robbins earns millions from traders constantly looking to maintain thier trading edge.. are they fools? Really?...

If a Chinese guy mugs you , should you really believe every Chinese guy is a criminal?

If a guy you dont like one days saves your life.. will you remain hostile to this person? If not ask yourself.. has he in that process really changed or was it you who decided to look more deeply at the individual?

Its all about judgement calls, seeing shades of colour where others see black and white... life is colour and shades of grey.. never black..never white... but your thinking is rigid.. very black and white...

. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it isnt valid... this is the problem with your approach.. its too blinkered.. to narrow. I feel it would be best served considering more the other side of every argument or issue... but this IS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING TO DO IN ANYONES LIFE... to change your thinking process.. to deepen your thoughts.. to add more memory to hold more permutations and compare them...

Im not trying to pic any fight.. after all wasn't it you who chose to criticise my language when in fact I am often praised for my clarity of language.... even on these boards..(remember Im UK so spelling is UK) so Im inclined to dismiss that claim of bad English from you and call it a cheap shot aimed to discredit me and not to FOCUS AND CONSIDER MY POINT OF VIEW also....

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM MY FRIEND....

So, back to myself:
    I have a right to defend myself from your attack..its disingenuous you now come back claiming to grab higher ground with your opening gambit "
    I really can't be bothered to take offense at all the name calling" when clearly you brought a rebuttal on yourself by your action...

What did you expect??

own it.. its your mess.... and Ive now tried to help you..

Paul

#23     Aug 14, 2007
  4. Hello Paulds11,
    I read the Market Wizards when they came out and have seen more than a couple of them in action over my career, so I think I have a good idea what these people are about.
    These guys have a certain set of skills that made them successful, and these skills were partly innate and partly fashioned through life experiences.
    I admire A. Robbins to the extent that he is a successful businessman but I think that when the shit hits the fan, no pseudo psychologist is going to stop your average man from panicking. Either you have that robustness and decisiveness (putting it simply) that makes you a successful trader or you do not. Where we differ is that I think that NLP works for a few people for a few years, but it is the exception that proves the rule.
    & yes I think that the people that are making the likes of A.Robbins rich are fools in that aspect of their lives. Put in context I think that even the most intelligent have areas where their decision making is poor.

By the way, I think I preferred the insults to your patronizing tone. How can you make all these judgements about someone that you know practically nothing about?
    So I'm blinkered, rigid, disingenuous, etc. etc. I obviously have a major problem -God -I don't know how I get up in the morning...

& just as a post script, I've never heard anyone describe themselves as UK. Englishmen, Irishmen, Welsh, Scots -they don't even seem to call themselves British anymore. So pleased to meet you Paulds11 -You're the first UKer I've met.
    Forest.

#24     Aug 16, 2007
  5. Quote from masterblaster:

Lets take, for example, President Clinton. He knew he wanted to be President at the age of 16 years old. Then he devised a plan on how to get there through certain jobs and education.

This is irrelevant. You only hear about this kind of thing from those who achieved it.

Lots of kids wanted to be president from an early age, but never do. Or astronauts, astronomers, etc.

The best example. Millions of high school athletes want to be professional athletes. 100K or so play at the college level. A lot less at the major college level. A lot less get drafted into the pros. Most of these wash out.

Does the fact that less than 0.1% play pro sports evidence the importance of early belief in success or targeting of a particular successful endeavour? Obviously, no. It is mostly luck. Clinton had no better reason to expect to be president than most other Americans. A fortuitous series of events is why he got there. Only.

In other words, your post is unfounded.

#25     Aug 18, 2007
  6. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

you are just making the market makers an brokers rich.

#26     Aug 28, 2007