Day trading system -- how to promote

Discussion in 'Trading' started by occasional_yes, May 30, 2008.

1. I don't have much respect for hedge fund managers, do you? As for my cut, here's my calculation: I will take half of AFTER TAX net profits. So, for example, if you start with $100, and make $200 using my system, pay $70 in taxes (35% top rate), you are left with $130 net profit, of which I take half and you keep $65. If you can find another investment where you can make a 65% annual AFTER TAX gain, go for it.

If it works, it works. Call it by any name.

#11     May 31, 2008

2. I have tested this on futures. Too risky for me.

#12     May 31, 2008
  3. I can post a week's worth of trades but am I not violating any laws by publicly speculating? If it is not, I am happy to post picks.

#13     May 31, 2008
  4. asap

asap

actually is the opposite. futures are more liquid and less costly to trade. that's what you should be comparing. it appears that you refer to riskiness as being the amount of leverage and that's not risk but rather setting how much leverage is used.

#14     May 31, 2008
  5. asap

asap

do you watch tv? what are you talking about?

post the entry signals here in real time otherwise no one will believe you. as an alternative, start your own journal in the respective ET's section and let the readers see how effective your system is during a couple of months. you'll have to provide evidence the trades are being executed, as advertised obviously.

#15     May 31, 2008
  6. Yes, you are right. But I have tested my system only on mid/large cap stocks, not futures. So I am going to stick to what I know works.

Separate question though -- like several posters asked, I can post picks. But is it legal to publicly speculate in these forums?

#16     May 31, 2008
  7. Call yourself Occasional_yes Bank write a note and swap it with Fed for cash at 2%

Put it into a higher yielding note, forget trading, marry the girl of your dreams and live happily ever after.

regards
    f9

#17     May 31, 2008
  8. To the OP---
    You think you got a good system? For about $90/6 months, you can open an account with Collective2 at www.collective2.com. You post your trades and collective2 tracks your results. You do well, then you can charge a fee for subscribers to get your trades. No one in their right mind would trade a system that has no real-time track record. Collective2 will give you that track record. If the record is good, you get subscribers. Simple as that.

BTW, I have no affiliation with Collective2.

#18     May 31, 2008
  9. Agreed. Collective2 is a great way to build up an auditable record. IF it works, you shouldn't have a problem getting a following.

#19     May 31, 2008