Day trading strategys!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by c_verm, Oct 8, 2003.

1. GROB109 is a European glider model. 50:1 glide ratio type glider with about a 50 foot wingspan. I use one for xcountry and for acrobatics. Flying from a little after market close to sunset in AZ is a habit I acquired.

Trend Fader is a lurker. Avid reader apparently. He treats me just about the same way you do. Generally he milks people for info new to him by asking beginner questions or he evaluates others by his performance standards. Everything I do he sees as a claim and the claims are ridiculous.

The ES print I posted fits in that category for him. He has absolutely no doubts about his judgements. His first 8 years of investing were unsuccessful he says.

#41     Oct 8, 2003
  2. gms

gms

I'd suggest that if one isn't reading grob109's posts through anti-hershey eyes, the resulting missing flame barrier orients the reader to relate from a neutral basis.

#42     Oct 9, 2003
  3. Cutten

Cutten

$4500 per contract on a 1 lot - wow! So in a few weeks you could be trading 250 lot clips and making $1 million per day. Where do I sign up?

#43     Oct 9, 2003
  4. toby400

toby400

Gordon doesn't post advice - he's a self confessed failure at trading. He still talks a good trade though.

:p

#44     Oct 9, 2003
  5. what good trader was NOT ever a failure at some point? all you have to use against me are like 3 threads i started a year ago. get your head out of your ass.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=340251#post340251

#45     Oct 9, 2003
  6. LOL. A man is only as good as his word:

=====
    Quote from Gordon Gekko:

08-10-03 10:17 AM
    2nd to last post as "Gordon Gekko" ever.
    this is my 2nd to last post as GG ever. my next and final post as GG will be when i have made $1,000,000 FROM THE MARKET and can verify it. $1,000,000 is not my ultimate goal, although that will be the next and final update. i don't care if it takes me 1, 5, 10, 20 years, or more. way too many people here do not respect me under this name because i have been honest about all my trading problems.

to those that doubt me, you WILL be proven wrong.

I AM NEVER GOING TO LEAVE ET. i will ALWAYS be here under another name, although i will not say who i am. i will not reply to this thread no matter what anyone says. please do not PM me.

everyone that has ever helped me, i sincerely thank you.

TO ALL THE FRUSTRATED NEWBIES: it was not long ago that i was at the lowest point of my life (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...threadid=18643&). less than 2 months later, i am the most confident i have ever been. if you really want to do this, DO NOT GIVE UP EVER.

GG
    8/10/03
    =====

#46     Oct 9, 2003
  7. #47     Oct 9, 2003
  8. T-REX

T-REX

The "2 bar charlie" system:

Tools.
    Use the 60min chart to find current intra-day trend.
    use the 5min chart to time entry point.
    Use a 40-bar MA.

Rules.
    When the 5 min bar crosses above the 40-bar MA = buy.
    When the 5 min bar crosses below the 40-bar MA = sell.

Filters.
    Wait for the low of the 5 min bar to close above the 40-bar MA = buy.
    Wait for the high of the 5 min bar to close below the 40-bar MA = sell.

This intra-day system is highly profitable. This is what I used back when I was a Futures broker. I traded clients with it just fine.

-or-

Read the Swing Vix FORECAST that I post in the T-REX Journal every morning before the day session begins @ 9:30am EST.
    The FORECAST covers over 100 stocks, ETF's & both the ES & NQ Futures contracts!

This will save you both time & effort!
    However, if you are low on both time & effort then you can trade like a "JACKASS". I show you how in the "market strategies" thread called- "Contrarian View Point" - The JACKASS Market Timing System.

#48     Oct 9, 2003
  9. T-REX the two bar charlie is an excellent example of how it can be done simply and profitably. Nice work and thanks for the contribution.

To add another very simple strategy that is an excellent little daytrader but requires some scanning or personal diligence. isolate those stocks whose last two days have been inside days. You can even further qualify the setup by requiring that yesterday's ATR be a percentage of the last n days' ATR. Then trade the break of the extreme.

This is just another variant of a breakout strategy.

#49     Oct 9, 2003
  10. T-REX

T-REX

Thank you.

I appreciate the kind words.:)

#50     Oct 9, 2003