Day trading strategys!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by c_verm, Oct 8, 2003.

1. I'm AZ time.

This is the IB demo, go through it and follow the trades for your time zone.

Look at the ES on 07sep from 15:00 on. We (the guy I was mentoring) looked at that time sequence to check it out too. Use the 1 min bars and the T &S for that period.

#31     Oct 8, 2003
  2. I can post additional prints. It is not a problem to keep repeating. I will also post the charts as well.

We also log trading descriptions. I attached the one I personally jotted down as the demo ran.

A person on another thread asked for the rules (they are mechanical) and I am waiting for him to give me some pointers on how he wants me to do that and on what level.

What we did today as beginner level to check out getting an account operational for tomorrow. I will trade it to get the capital up as rapidly as possible then we will run it under the control of the beginner whose account it is at IB.

#32     Oct 8, 2003
  3. I am also having a hard time finding prints above 1038 between 3 and 4 pm on the 7th. I do find ticks at 1038 after the market closed though. Would really like too analyze these prints but my charts dnt match up with Grob's. =)

jc

#33     Oct 8, 2003
  4. what i should have said before is, the thread starter asked about day trading and you basically replied saying, "don't day trade." unless it's absolutely impossible to do, why deter him?

#34     Oct 8, 2003
  5. ...thanks for identifying your time zone. I think you must have posed an IQ test, because I cannot reconcile ES prices on 8 October 2003 (the date on your IB file) with your time zone. Is the date wrong on the IB file, or the time? The only ES prices that match on 10/8/03 are at about 7:30-8:30 AZ time. Not busting your balls, assuming you are a guy, just trying real hard to understand under the serious deficits of alcohol intoxication and senile dementia. Best regards, and good trading Thursday. - Mike

#35     Oct 8, 2003
  6. ...if you would not explaining, as I just fell off the turnip truck, what does it mean to equate Grob109 with "Jack Hershey"? I have read his posts over the last two weeks since I was born and they seemed to make some sense. I am not kidding, please enlighten me. If you don't want to say it in public, please PM me. I am not totally stupid (I don't think), because I have been flaming Harrytrader at every opportunity. Is the threshold on my bullshit detector set too low? Thanks for your kindness. - Mike

#36     Oct 8, 2003
  7. If you could read, you would see I told him to get an education, I didn't tell him he couldn't do it.
    I told him reality, it would take time to learn.

Oh by the way, this is the second post in this thread you have made and I still don't see any words of advice from you to the original poster.

#37     Oct 8, 2003
  8. We checked out 15:23 and 15:27 which is EST time on Qcharts. we saw values and then we went along at 29,36, 48
    it looked good. At the end of the demo it hung up. We did not figure out that that was 16:05 and 16:08 when ES ends. I think IB updates their demo every day; I will figure it out tomorrow.

We went back to the 7th as a guess and were looking for some 38 values.

Check with dwm14 at paltalk tomorrow. He is going to be here early on and then he is going to use his own machine later. he will show up later.

Our schedule is to start with 1 contract and add more tomorrow (steps of 2K) until we are trading 4 at end of day. Friday we will go through adding 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 as part of the day.

I am not going to pull the initial capital until mid next week.

I posted this first under a thread that was puzzling through T&S trading. T&S trading is a little bit past SCT. It's hard to explain but not a lot of people understand markets and as a result they are not up on how money is made as yet. At least in ET.

We were doing the demo and a we saw afterwards that one of the ET people who really is a piece of work couldn't understand T&S. We had just set up an IB account and the day was ending. I just gve it a workout to show dwm14 how the buttons worked.
    Look at the sequence of trades. They show easy stuff then the fast stuff. I just worked up to continuous reversal trading in the range offered. The demo pooped out at 08. 11.3 points in about 45 minutes, we rounded down to 10.

We tabbed the money velocity three times. I sat 50% of the time during the first 15 min so it is low. I was sho0wing whipsaw and how to get back on right side of it. If I had done all the trades as linked we could have really rolled. If was hard for dwm14 to keep up on the notes. And there was the humor factor; he was not used to seeing money rolling in all the time. It is funny to experience always. The idea of so much money; we decided against 10 contracts right off. It would have been even funnier. we had to keep multiplying by 50 and throwing in 25 here and there; that kind of humor that we couldn't keep up with it.

I am really getting puzzled about ET and the comments people make here. A lot of people must have been burned by bullshitters or something. It seems very important to them to not learn anything.

We turned the sheet over to see what was what by writingdown the#'s: it took 45 minutes to make 500 bucks on one contract
    I divided 3/4 into 6 1/2 to get 9 periods per day. We multiplied 500 times nine and got 4500 bucks a day for 1 contract.

I don't use IB for making money but it is good for breaking in. Tapping the keys for 45 minutes and watching the account fill up was a good thing to do to warm up for tomorrow. I used the minimum data available to do it to get it to perform. T&S is the fastest type data to run trades on and just keep pulling cash out.

We will run the cash in the account up to 10 contracts worth by next week (Monday it looks like). And then just do 10 contracts this way and pull out capital. After that dwm14 will go back to beginner to get his NLP straight, then he will work through to this after SCT. I mentor face to face and people see me run the keys etc.

It simply is not possible and never has been for people to keep up with my trades. You can look at videos tapes etc and it is just one big laugh. I just do it until people get glassy eyed and can't take notes.

You were there this am and I gave comments on ORCL; I did the same the day before (day 1 and day 2). I picked out SINA and SOHU at the open as well. Everything works the same way. BE DO HAVE. A process of becoming conscious of how markets work, that is all. Pictures are what is needed.

I know most people can't get with the program because they are mentally crippled. It is very difficult for me to see how they screwed themselves so badly and for what possible reasons.

Have fun. I will post a lot of corroberating stuff until the silliness here goes away.

#38     Oct 8, 2003
  9. I will try to find out how IB demo works.

No one in ET can be expected to know.

I ran it to get familiar with punching the keys and doing the spectrum of trades from the simple to the more complex.

You are far enough along to look at dates. Good. After that comes time, time of the day. It is clear that time zones come up from this. A 12:22 for me on IB is 15:22EST for the market. IB. My monitoring charts run on EST so I have to think the 3hour offset..

We guessed that IB uses prior data for demos after we finished.. So we looked at yesterday at 15:22. You can try that perhaps.

When I saw the traderkay thread on T&S, I posted the grabascreen on the demo print to let her know she could use an IB demo to learn T&S.

Over there in that thread I planned on posting the method I showed the person who is opening an account. I am waiting until I hear how a guy there, a bear person, wants the info. Different people use different types of stuff to get a fit with their methods. I can save him the translation.

The end of your post, above, is a typical ET'er's contribution. It helps keep the pace of communication here at the level people deserve.

#39     Oct 8, 2003
  10. Could you please tell us the levels of prorata that needs too be sutained for a BO and also for a FBO? Could you also elaborate on the steps you would take too signal a reverse(guessing low prorata after previous high porata). Also, i was hoping that you might talk about how prorata works in trends. I feel like i am getting close.....

JC

#40     Oct 8, 2003