Day trading strategys!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by c_verm, Oct 8, 2003.

1. I guess I have to admit that it looks too hard for me. I traded the ES today too and I saw it trade above 1038 during the first 5 minutes and never again the entire day. Yet your mentee was able to sell the ES at 1038.25 no fewer than 5 times over a 30 minute stretch from 12:37 to 13:05. If I could sell at those prices at those times I too could be bragging about making $500 per contract every 45 minutes. Unfortunately for me I had to use real prices to trade.

#21     Oct 8, 2003
  2. .

#22     Oct 8, 2003
  3. pspr

pspr

Icarus, Grob uses the old Checker Board Trading Method. That's how he got those fills. I had orders in all afternoon to sell at 1038 and never got a fill but with Grob's Checker Board Trading Method the market just jumped over my orders and filled Grob then dropped back down to where prices are shown on your chart. Really makes me mad when they do those Checker Board fills over my orders.

Wally

#23     Oct 8, 2003
  4. what is a checkerboard fill?

#24     Oct 8, 2003
  5. pspr

pspr

It's a joke. Just like Grob's trade log.

#25     Oct 8, 2003
  6. ...please enlighten a simpleminded country boy of dubious but certainly incestuous parentage. Are you saying Grob109 is full of it? I ask most sincerely because being credulous I do not in fact know. TIA.

#26     Oct 8, 2003
  7. Set up the IB web site

Go to the demo.

They are running the 07SEP 15:00 plus
    as a demo there.

Trade the T&S on the demo.

#27     Oct 8, 2003
  8. Not sure what you mean by Grob being "full of it". I know Grob is an awesome trader. But the trade log is obviously off a demo and the fills aren't real. I pulled out a chart to learn something from going over the trades only to find that I can't learn shit from it. Oh well, so I wasted some time. I'm just giving Grob a ribbing.

#28     Oct 8, 2003
  9. C'mon, Grob. I'm a trader. I trade real money. I don't want to see demo trades. I thought I might learn a few things by looking at a chart of your trades. Oh well, it's no big deal.

#29     Oct 8, 2003
  10. GROB = Jack Hershey.

Enough said!

--MIKE

#30     Oct 8, 2003