Day Trading Strategies Onenote Document

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by VinceField, Nov 20, 2020.

1. It's a Onenote document so you need the onenote app to open it.

#11     Nov 22, 2020
  2. vinchaels

vinchaels

I have OneNote but for some reason it’s not opening up...

#12     Nov 22, 2020
  3. #13     Nov 22, 2020
  4. Tonight I added an ORB strategy from the youtube channel Live Traders which is simple and looks pretty effective. It's called 3 & 4 Bar ORB (long and short).

#14     Nov 22, 2020
  5. He has multiple scalping videos. I've seen two of them. One is short and just has one example of a super overextended (to the downside) trade, essentially a gap fade play at the open. The concept is that the price can only get a certain distance from its 200 moving average before it is drawn back.

The other scalping video is a bit more comprehensive. He talks about counter trend scalping when there's a short term downtrend during a longer term uptrend. In his view, scalping should only be used when trading counter trend in order to lower risk - while normal trades should be taken with the trend. He's saying that you don't need to scalp with the trend because it's going to produce bigger and less risky moves.

#15     Nov 22, 2020
  6. vinchaels

vinchaels

#16     Nov 22, 2020
    VinceField likes this.
  7. I've added a new section called "Trading Notes" for important concepts that apply to trading strategies but don't actually compose one particular strategy. For example, pivots, support/resistance levels, multiple time frames, the most important aspects of trade setups, etc. Good stuff!

#17     Nov 24, 2020
  8. Today I added some strategies taken from Jared Wesley's book Professional Trading Strategies and his youtube channel Live Traders.

#18     Nov 24, 2020
  9. I've organized the trading strategies by trader. I've added links to the youtube channels of each trader whose strategies are featured and the name of the video that the strategy is taken from is written at the top of each strategy page, so you can go to the youtube channel and find the video if for some reason you wanted more information about the strategy.

#19     Nov 25, 2020
    qlai likes this.
  10. Today I added the strategies from Andrew Aziz's Advanced Strategies in Day Trading. If anyone doesn't know, he has a great youtube channel called Bear Bull Traders. They have playlists with member trade reviews in which various strategies are explained in detail, which I am also adding to the document. So far I have strategies from members William and Thor, although I'll be adding many others as well. Couldn't recommend that channel more, especially the trade reviews.

#20     Nov 27, 2020
    qlai likes this.